Vox Heritage AC15H1TV-Opinions please?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Vox Heritage AC15H1TV-Opinions please?

Postby Graylion » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:43 pm

I've just bought a brand new, boxed one off eBay from a dealer for £611.55 - was I just being silly? :roll: Have I bought a "Pig in a poke" or something I'll treasure for the rest of my life? (A bit short if my wife finds out!)They're delivering it from Coventry (I'm in Southampton) personally with their own transport tomorrow afternoon - they don't trust couriers. Seriously though, by all accounts (I've not read many) it seems to be a pretty good amp and I'm happy with the price being well below everone else's. If not you might see it advertised here!! :lol: It saves me the trouble of trying to make a replica!

I'll now have to think twice about buying an Amp Maker kit as I've spent my Pocket Money for the next 10 years and I probably don't actually NEED any more valve amps! What do you all think? (Try and keep it clean!) :oops:
Graylion

Re: Vox Heritage AC15H1TV-Opinions please?

Postby David Martin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:08 pm

It's a great amp and it does it all, Shads wise...

A good buy!
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby Graylion » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:29 pm

Thanks David - you're "The Man" so I trust your judgement - just give me your address and phone number in case the wife gets shirty! :P Even in the unlikely event that I might not get on with it, (with the range of size & quality of the amps I have, that's EXTREMELY unlikely!) I don't think I'd lose much, if anything, if I sold it on.
Graylion

Postby keithmantle » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:45 pm

You wont be dissapointed, Great amp and a great price,get a decent Silverstone cover
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby dave robinson » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:05 pm

I bought one of these back in July 2007 and never regretted it. I compared it at the time with the JMI AC15 which was excellent, but opted for the Vox which was better value as well as the fact that the manufacturer hadn't had a charisma bypass unlike the other lot in Doncaster - the boss there has a degree in ignorance and I'll never buy from them or give them support. They are now slagging off 'blue' speakers and recommending that everyone has Tayden speakers fitted. My blue speakers all sound fine and I am suspicious when firms start slagging off proven gear. Until I know more about the Tayden speakers, I'll reserve judgement, even though Hank and Bruce are using them. I saw and heard them on the tour at Sheffield Arena and to be honest there was nothing that I heard that would tempt me to buy any new gear.The sound was a massive improvement on the Shads final tour, but still a long way off what I expected, although very nice.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby John » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:39 pm

Keep the present mrs Robinson happy by having a valve amp clear out! You never know who is in the market for a good second hand amp ;)
at the right price of course, Cheers John
John

Postby Didier » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:34 pm

I have heard an AC15H1TV compared to a JMI AC15-4 at a meeting, both sounded really good, alltough slihtly different. Some preferred the Vox, some preferred the JMI...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Graylion » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:53 pm

Hey! Come on Didier - now you're just showing off with all that mouthwatering equipment! Phew! Both AC 15s, a Magicstomp and an Echomatic VI! Haven't you got anything better to spend your money on? [the right answer is "No" by the way!] Smashing guys - thanks for your views. No-one's called me a pillock yet - but the day isn't over! 8-)
Graylion

Postby Didier » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 pm

Graylion wrote:Hey! Come on Didier - now you're just showing off with all that mouthwatering equipment! Phew! Both AC 15s, a Magicstomp and an Echomatic VI! Haven't you got anything better to spend your money on? [the right answer is "No" by the way!] Smashing guys - thanks for your views. No-one's called me a pillock yet - but the day isn't over! 8-)

None of these equipments are mine, the pic was taken at a "Shadtech" meeting in Rambouillet (France). These meetings are intended to discuss technichal issues related to the Shadows' music, which includes gear comparative tests.
Equipments are brought by attendees.
The JMI AC15-4 and the ESE Echomatic VI belong to the same lucky owner (who also now owns a TVS3)...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Graylion » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Well it arrived today at Noon from Coventry, delivered by two nice chaps in their Music Shop marked van. As I only won it yesterday that's pretty good service! No slinging it out of the back of a courier's van either! I bought a small air compressor for my workshop a few years ago and watched the delivery guy chuck it out onto the road from the high-floor van - about 3ft! I didn't let him go until I opened the box. Surprise, surprise! One of the plastic wheels had shattered so I refused delivery. The same happened with the next one but the firm agreed to send new wheels so I accepted it!

I won't be trying the Vox out for a bit. My 'Music Room' is stuffed full to the ceiling and I can't get anything out! I have also squirreled it away so the wife doesn't see it yet! :roll:

Thanks for all the positive opinions. I know I won't be disappointed with it. I might even think about selling some of the amps I'll never use! Like the 4 x EL34 100 Watt valve, Carlton Camel (Who?). It's a bit of a 'Wolf in sheep's clothing' as it's a small combo with a single 12" HH 100 watt speaker. Quite well appointed with spring reverb, 2 channels (1 with overdrive) with multi-footswitch and triode/pentode switching.

Watch this space!
Graylion

Next

Return to Gear