Fender Vintage Noiseless

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Fender Vintage Noiseless

Postby Fiesta Red Burns » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi Do's any one have Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups on there Start if so are they worth buying ?
Or are they as bad ? the Vintage pickups on Fender Classic Series 50s Start CRAP . :o
Fiesta Red Burns

Re: Fender Vintage Noiseless

Postby dave robinson » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:27 pm

I can't comment on the Vintage Classic pickups as I haven't tried one of those guitars, but I have a Fender USA Deluxe Strat that is equipped with Vintage Noiseless and it's a good sound, not quite the 57/62's tone but still a good vintage sound - but noiseless, which I find a great benefit in certain venues. Soundwise, I prefer the Fender Vintage Noiseless to the Kinmans that I've had over the years. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby cockroach » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:35 pm

I once had a Fender USA Vintage re-issue 57 Strat - it had Fender NOISY pickups- just like the originals...at a gig years ago, I left it on a stand on stage during a set break, and forgot to turn the guitar volume control off...I think everyone in the pub was asking 'what's that bloody bbzzzzz noise..?'

Mind you, when played with the group with the noise covered by everything else, it sounded fabulous...absolutely like early Hank tonewise.

Swings and roundabouts, folks.... :)
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Postby steve.t » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:17 pm

hi,i bought the 50`s classic series great guitar for the price just a pity about the pups. i can`t comment on the noiseless pups as i upgraded to the 57/62`s which are brill + i fitted all new fender gold harware on it & she really looks the part now & sounds great.
steve.
steve.t

Full Real Name: stephen taylor

Postby John Boyd » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Steve,
I did the same and agree the result is one great guitar, in both the looks and sound departments.
Fiesta Red of course!!!
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Full Real Name: John Boyd

Return to Gear