Bugera BC30??

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Bugera BC30??

Postby Chriz » Sun May 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi :)

I was wondering if anyone has tried/heard or owns the new BC30 by bugera??
Its an amp that came up on my radar a few months ago!
There is a video on youtube where it goes head to head against the Vox AC30 C2! but I'm not sure if the site rules allow me to put in the web link :?:

any comments appreciated

regards Chris
Chriz

Re: Bugera BC30??

Postby alanbakewell » Sun May 02, 2010 12:46 pm

No reason not to Chris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGAHG4OujFY

The Vox seems to change tone with the increase in volume where the Bugera appears to keep the same sound but simply gets louder.
( A desirable trait in my opinion ).

I'd not heard of these amps before your post.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers, Alan.
To know and have known the love of a little dog is a truly wonderful thing.
alanbakewell

Full Real Name: Alan Bakewell

Postby Chriz » Sun May 02, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi Alan

Thanks for the reply!! The very interesting thing is that you can buy the Bugera for £499 which is a £250-£300 cheaper than the Vox :D
I have heard in the past that Bugera have had quality control issues in the past as they are made in China (but so is the Vox)
It's heck of a lot of amp for the money and the lead channel is supposed to be more versatile and have a lot more gain than the Vox!

regard Chris
Chriz

Postby roger bayliss » Sun May 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Actually sounds a great amp although the test on UTube it does not sound as full and beefy as the Vox but great tube amp for the money with a tube rectifier and hand built it says on the Bugera site. I like the look and design of it a lot. Nice job and I am sure you could even add on an ef86 channel later made by one of our techie people.

Here is a review and they say it's a Matchless clone ! note the tone stack on chl 1 works like a Vox too !

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/ ... index.html
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby Chriz » Sun May 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi Roger :)

You could actually buy the bugera at £499 spend another £200 on an ef86 unit (i have a vintage unit on my ac15) and some decent valves :!:
and still have saved money :roll:

regards Chris
Chriz

Postby Didier » Sun May 02, 2010 6:47 pm

Bugera is a subsidiary of Behringer. These amps are made in China, they even make their speakers themselves !
There is also a smaller and cheaper model with 2 EL84, and a single 12" speaker (just like an AC15), the Bugera V22
which can be found for around £260...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Chriz » Sun May 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi Didier :)

The V22 has been out some time now and has had good reviews!! Check this shootout against ac15 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHsfZWpE ... re=channel
I have to say on this video i can hear a difference between the amps in favour of the vox! its not quite so easy with the BC30 and AC30 tho :roll:
incidently bugera do a V55 now that would be an interesting comparison with the AC30 cos the v55 is only £350 :o

regards Chris
Chriz

Postby John M » Mon May 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Definitely looks like a clone of the Matchless.
I got a pic of each side by side on my screen...almost identical... even the technical specs are pretty much identical.
Looking at their home page, they seem to be "cloning" some other very recognisable amps.
John M

Full Real Name: john miller

Postby dave robinson » Mon May 03, 2010 1:25 pm

Looks good, but what an unfortunate choice of name - don't you think ? :oops:
I have also noticed that this amp doesn't have the EF86 valve on the second channel, where the Matchless DC30 does. . . . it isn't the same and won't sound quite the same as the Matchless, I would like to hear it though
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Didier » Mon May 03, 2010 5:17 pm

John M wrote:Looking at their home page, they seem to be "cloning" some other very recognisable amps.

They are not only "clonings" amps, most Behringer stompboxes are clones of well known models.
For example, the Behringer EQ700 looks very much like a Boss GE 7, The Behringer TO800 looks very much like an Ibanez Tube Screamer, etc...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Next

Return to Gear