Reunited!

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Reunited!

Postby Mikey » Thu May 13, 2010 10:49 pm

When I worked on Ascension Island in 1973 I ordered a Japanese made Epiphone FT150 acoustic from the USA through mail order. It was a superb guitar with a rich, resonant tone and, unusually for an acoustic, it had a bolt on neck plus an adjustable bridge. I kept it until 1999 when I let it go to fund my first Strat, a Korean Squier.
I've regretted letting the Epi go and have looked around for one ever since. They are highly regarded but extremely hard to find.
Imagine my delight when I found a 1974 one online at Sundown Guitars in Diss, Norfolk :D I rang them and got the guy to talk me through every ding and mark and there are very few, and then only cosmetic. I had to have it despite it costing almost 5 times what I let mine go for. I squared things with SWMBO by saying that I'd sell one of my other guitars. Well, I will......one day! It arrived today and looks and sounds pretty good fo a 36 year old guitar. Reunited at last :!:
I haven't taken any photos yet but it looks like this one:
150.jpg
(43.29 KiB) Downloaded 2097 times
Mikey

Return to Gear