USING KORG AMPWORKS WITH ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC??

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, George Geddes

USING KORG AMPWORKS WITH ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC??

Postby Stratpicker » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:53 pm

I have a Yamaha APX electro acoustic which sounds great acoustic but not so great when plugged in to my Korg Ampworks.
The base problem is that the sound loses its acoustic "meatiness" and is thin and uninteresting. Clearly the Vox amp and cab settings dont work for an electro-acoustic.
Can anyone recommend an Amp / Cab + settings combo for the Korg that will bring out the rich tones of the Yammy? I'm not interested in 'jangly' - If only I had a Favino (like Hank) you'd hear the kind of depth of sound I'm looking for.
Adding Bass doesnt cut it - it sounds far too muddy.
So - ideas and practical experience anyone?
cheers
Ian
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Re: USING KORG AMPWORKS WITH ELECTRO-ACOUSTIC??

Postby Didier » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Stratpicker wrote:[b]I have a Yamaha APX electro acoustic which sounds great acoustic but not so great when plugged in to my Korg Ampworks.

The Korg Ampworks emulates various guitar amps, but none of them are intended for acoustic sounds...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby AlanMcKillop » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:21 pm

I agree with Didier, there are no suitable settings on the Korg Ampworks. If an acoustic amp is out of the question, check out the Zoom A2 which was developed with acoustic guitars in mind.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby Stratpicker » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Thanks Didier and Alan
I have reluctantly come to the same conclusion. I thought I might find ONE setting that would have done.
I know its First Principles but I have gone back to "straight to SoundCard" and its immediately better.
The reason I was looking for a decent setting was so I can take it with me when gigging my Yammy and have some effects on hand, but I think its going to have to go via the PA and mixer.
Thank you for the feedback.
cheers
ian
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Return to Gear