Another gadget?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Another gadget?

Postby PeterV » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Bille wrote:A very interesting project here! Most echo units that sounds good are to pricy.But it all comes down to how it sounds.The sound samples seems to be a midifile with to many notes at the same time?Can't you get some sound samples with a strat,and played with some Shads tunes?
Youv'e not mentioned if there is any dsp for EQ,witch is very importent to emulate the Meazzi.Keep it going,i will post this project to a Swedish site.

Roland

Roland,
When the Meazzi E2 emulation is working with the correct filters a guitarplayer will play a couple of Shad tunes. the Echomatic 2 emulation covers 62% of all Shadow tunes I suggest "the stranger" as a good tryout. Obviously the sound will depend upon my programming skills. As you possible know the eTAP2 VST module was developed by me. with > 20.000 downloads and very positive comments the required calibration point of the DSP programming is a known factor.

-P-
PeterV

Postby Bojan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:33 pm

Piet, let me repeat my question from my previous post, which you probably missed.

I have been playing around with the J-patches using the eTAP through my laptop (it works very well) . I think the patches are all very authentic, with only a few requiring minimal tweaking (to personal taste). But I found one patch that I thought had to be a mistake. It's the one for Atlantis -- PP00 . . . it just does not sound right. Can you please check it out ?

Thanks, Bojan
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby PeterV » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Bojan wrote:Piet, let me repeat my question from my previous post, which you probably missed.

I have been playing around with the J-patches using the eTAP through my laptop (it works very well) . I think the patches are all very authentic, with only a few requiring minimal tweaking (to personal taste). But I found one patch that I thought had to be a mistake. It's the one for Atlantis -- PP00 . . . it just does not sound right. Can you please check it out ?

Thanks, Bojan

Bojan, I've already forewarded your requested by email to Jacob who developed the patches. Any possible updates will be reported here I suggest. Glad you'd like the rest. I'm wondering if you did get the build 2 version with the ping-pong like additional echo to create more space ( Peter K's signature sound)

Piet
PeterV

Postby AlanMcKillop » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Like Bojan, I'm very interested and don't understand much of what you write, but if someone has the knowledge to put it all together for me, then add me to your list. :thumbup:
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby Bojan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Thanks Piet!! :)

I've got the following builds:

eTAP2b001.dll
eTAPb002hll.dll
eTAP_PingPong.dll
eTAP_BIG.dll (my favorite!! :P )

ALSO, I have two suggestion for Jacob. They are minor changes in two of his J-Patches. One is CR10 (Wonderful Land) and the other is CR05 (Peace Pipe) . . . My suggestion is to change the head gain values in the following way:

CR10
Head 1 = -11.3 dB (originally -3.2 dB)
Head 2 = -7.4 dB (originally -2.6 dB)
Head 3 = -8.8 dB (originally -6.1 dB)
Head 4 = -0.8 dB (originally +0.1 dB)

CR05
Head 1 = -11.8 dB (originally -4.3 dB)
Head 2 = -8.5 dB (originally -3.6 dB)
Head 3 = -10.0 dB (originally -6.4 dB)
Head 4 = 0.0 dB (originally -1.4 dB)

The changed head gain values came as the result of experimenting and consulting with Ecca, Charlie Hall and some other members of this forum a few years ago. The difference can best be heard in the muted sections and I think it is a substantial improvement!

Best regards,
Bojan
Bojan

Postby PeterV » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Bojan, for Atlantis you should use PR00 according Jacob. Give it a try!

Piet
PeterV

Postby Bojan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:18 pm

OK, I see what the problem is. I think this is my mistake because in an earlier version of J-patches for the PSP 608 (which is the same as for eTAP) which I use for everyday reference saved as a Word document, it specifies PP00 for Atlantis, which is obviously a mistake. I may have cause that mistake myself by accidentally changing the R to a P . . . In any case, PROO is excellent!

Sorry for creating the unecessary confusion. As usual, Jacob is right! :thumbup:

Bojan
Bojan

Postby kipper » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:15 pm

piet i would be intrested in one. peter
kipper

Full Real Name: peter harrison

Postby Ian Miller » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:45 pm

Hi Piet,

I have followed this project with great interest.

Although I don't understand everything, I think this may be what I have been looking for. I'm afraid that modern technology is proving sometimes to be to much for my 66 year old brain!

However, i would be happy for you to add me to your 'list', although as with some others, I will have to find someone to build this device for me.

On November 2nd I will be departing for China for an extended stay of about 6 months. During this time I will endeavour to keep up to date with this superb project.

Many Thanks

Best Wishes

Ian
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller

Postby Bojan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:21 am

Just bringing this to the top!

There is obviously a lot of interest in this project . . .

Piet, how is it coming along?

Bojan
Bojan

PreviousNext

Return to Gear