Magicstomp/VOX VT30 Question

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Magicstomp/VOX VT30 Question

Postby Geoff_W » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi all.
I’m looking at getting a VOX VT30 modelling amp, but before I go ahead I’d like to clear up something that's been nagging me over the combination of an EFTP loaded Magicstomp and a VT30.
Does the Magicstomp have amp modelling in the way that the G2 for example has and, if so, does this function need to be turned off so as not to interact with Valvetronix modelling?
Thanks
Geoff
Geoff_W

Full Real Name: Geoff Worrall

Re: Magicstomp/VOX VT30 Question

Postby dave robinson » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:10 pm

In a word - No. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Geoff_W » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Cheers Dave, that's that sorted then!
Geoff_W

Postby almano » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi Geoff, just make sure you keep the "edit" pot turned down on the Vox amp when using an external echo unit - as the internal system produces yet another one (echo effect) on top of your external one! It's very confusing when trying to adjust the controls on the external unit - I couldn't work out what was going on at first, all I got were "sweeping sounds" when I adjusted the speed and depth on the external unit! Mind you, I certainly ended up with some rather strange echo effects with both units going at the same time!

Cheers,

Alan.
almano

Postby Geoff_W » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:16 am

Thanks for the advice Alan, I'll bear that in mind. The trouble is there are so many conflicting reports on various forums regarding the sound and indeed in some cases the reliability of the VT30. There's a guy on Youtube playing a number of Shads' numbers using a G.2 through a VT30 and generally he gets a good tone. Let's put it this way, I wouldn't complain if I can replicate that. I guess the only thing to do is find a demo amp and go along armed with guitar and magicstomp.
Thanks again
Geoff
Geoff_W

Return to Gear