Technique - just wondering

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Technique - just wondering

Postby Stratpicker » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi Rosemary
I dont know if you know our Gorans site - ihttp://goran.tangring.com/
Its a treasure chest of information on our Shadows music.
Very useful are theTABS on there which will show you at least the right notes to play at your own speed. Then with practise you can get better at playing them and faster.
The middle of FBI is a bit frenetic and employs one of Hanks "tricks" on note bending - I'm sure you've noticed it on many records. The Tab shows it quite nicely.
The Atlantis tab shows the double stopping at the end. Maybe DS'ing is a bit of a step forward at the moment. It WILL come to your fingers in time. Trust me!
The muted "Gallop" in Apache just requires pleck control.
Those barred Majors (based on C shape) really get at the muscle between the thumb and palm! :cry: Using the thumb pad on the back of the neck will let you apply more pressure on the frets but constant practise somehow makes them come easier an easier. I play mostly Lead but when I DO play the Bruce I am always aware of how it takes as much practise to play chords properly as it does to learn the Lead line.
cheers
ian
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Re: Technique - just wondering

Postby Rosemary » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:02 am

Thanks Ian. I somehow missed seeing the tabs there so will have a go at them tonight on the acoustic just to get the notes anyway. My ending of Atlantis is extremely boring with only single notes so I really need to learn this along with the others and I definitely need a lot more chord practice.
Thanks again.
Best wishes
Rosemary
Rosemary

Full Real Name: Rosemary Beattie

Previous

Return to Gear