VOX AC4. Early 60's

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

VOX AC4. Early 60's

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi all.
There is an early 60's VoxAC4 for sale on ebay. It has a buy it now price of £999. With lots of TLC and a full re furb by someone who knows what they are doing, Is this a good starting point to getting That Sound.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Re: VOX AC4. Early 60's

Postby dave robinson » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:41 pm

No . . . . . at that price it's a good starting point for a month in The Canary Islands . . . you'll get the sound from a new AC4 or similar for £159.00 :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Bojan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:34 pm

Or . . . prolong your stay in the Canary Islands for a few days and buy an Ampworks for £15.00 :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/KORG-AmpWorks-for-G ... 5514046621
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby ELET » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:51 pm

It's been on Ebay for months, the starting BIN price was £1299 and they've slowly lowered the price. It appears to be in nice condition but I still think that it's rather expensive. Ebay has, in my opinion, increased peoples' expectations of the sort of money they can get for many old and not particularly good guitars and amps. The general train of thought seems to be that if it's old it must be good, I think it was Harley Peavey that once said "If it was cr*p then it's cr*p now", but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm pretty sure that the pre-Ebay price for one of these AC4s' would be about £250, but with the huge number of potential buyers out there it'll evenually fetch a lot more than that.
ELET

Return to Gear