Good Picture Of Hank Marvin with 34346

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Good Picture Of Hank Marvin with 34346

Postby Hank2k » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:35 pm

Just found in another site, good pic of the original strat
Hank2k

Re: Good Picture Of Hank Marvin with 34346

Postby SELEDA284 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:59 pm

Aha !! the good old Boyfriend Star portrait..... I still have my original copy (circa 1960, I think) & its still a favourite..... :D... plus have got a few more 'Boyfriend' originals of The Shads both individually & as a group, about 10 I think.
Have also kept other groups from the 60's, Beatles,Stones plus TV 'heart-throbs' !!! that appeared in the magazine, kindly bought for me each week by my Dad, & like many teenage girls of that era, had them virtually covering my bedroom walls !!! :oops: :D
Has anyone else on here kept theirs from that era? or am I the only sentimental one? :roll:
SELEDA284

Postby Hank2k » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi Lesley

Nice to see people kept some of these items from way back, any chance of seeing the pictures please? 8-)

Thanks
Hank2k

Postby SELEDA284 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Hank2k wrote:Hi Lesley

Nice to see people kept some of these items from way back, any chance of seeing the pictures please? 8-)

Thanks

Hi ........ I would put them on here if I could, but the first prob is that they are too big to scan them on my scanner, secondly, photos of them dont come out too well, & thirdly, I wouldnt have the faintest idea how to get them on the site as my pc knowledge is limited :oops: :? so would need a lot of help on that.... :crazy:
SELEDA284

Postby aardvarkd » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:57 pm

I have an original of this picture and it's interesting to play with the colours on Photoshop. If you put in some yellow to make the zig-zag on the strap cover the right colour the guitar colour ends up surprisingly similar to 'modern' Fiesta Red....but let's not start that all over again. One of the other colour pictures of '346 from the few available where the other colours look fairly accurate shows it as kind of bright fire-engine red. Moral: photos can't be trusted, particularly for renditions of medium red shades.
PD
aardvarkd

Postby Hank2k » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:31 pm

i do wonder whether that Jumper played a key part in "That Sound" it is really loud :lol:
Hank2k

Postby rogera » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:42 pm

That photo shows the cigarette paper under the 3rd & 4th strings at the nut very well.
rogera

Full Real Name: Roger Allcock

Postby ELET » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:01 am

rogera wrote:That photo shows the cigarette paper under the 3rd & 4th strings at the nut very well.

It's the sort of thing I used to do with some of the dodgy guitars that I owned as a teenager, I aso remember using Sellotape for various quick fixes. I'm a bit suprised that Hank resorted to such measures, did he use the Strat with the nut in this condition for long?
Henry
ELET

Postby cockroach » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:47 am

Surely wrapping paper around the strings where they cross the nut must have deadened the sound and/or affected the tuning? OK, it may have stopped the strings rattling or whining if the nut slots were too big for the strings, but...???

Well, there were no guitar technicians back then, and Hank was only a 19 year old lad!
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Postby ecca » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Is cigarette paper like fag paper but posh ?
ecca

Next

Return to Gear