Fender G-DEC 3

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Fender G-DEC 3

Postby geoff1711 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi All

I've posted this elsewhere on the site but probably in the wrong place so I'll do it again

Does anybody use a G-DEC 3? I bought one about 3 months ago for home use , it has modelled amps and effects but best of all you can save a backing track into each patch (100 of them ).

The guitar sounds are a bit like recordings as against the real thing, but of course coupled up with a backing track that's no bad thing.

You load tracks and saved models via SD card or USB lead and can swap so you can let a friend load in and save your SD card contents.

So my questions is anybody using these, and do any of our programming guru's offer pre-programmed SD cards with or without tracks but with amp modelling and effects?

It comes with Fender Fuse for deep editing via computer, but that's not really my thing but for those of you with that ability...

Geoff M
geoff1711

Re: Fender G-DEC 3

Postby Shadoogie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi Geoff,

Further to this - and my previous posting ref the Mustang I/II amp

I would also be interested in finding any clever person who is able to convert the "preset" setting of the G-Dec to the Mustang.

There are several "Shadows" style presets out there on the Fender website but for the G-Dec3 and they won't load into a Mustang.
I have even tried copying and modifying the preset files to look like the Mustang ones - but they still won't load.

Anyone?

All the best

Another Geoff
Shadoogie

Full Real Name: Geoff Parkin

Return to Gear