Would you call this a good deal

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Would you call this a good deal

Postby dave robinson » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:54 pm

stratmantd wrote:Oops! I got the ebay things mixed up. I apologise to Stuart but I still think that the price is extremely high for a new guitar.

No. I do not have a re-issue model, I bought mine in 1976 when you could get a Fender Stratocaster guitar. No re-issue, no relic, no closet, no left in the bathroom to get warped, no MIM, MIC, CIJ, MIJ, etc.

I have no doubt that modern guitars play extrememy well in the right hands but I do not believe that it is a real re-issue unless it has all the "faults" that some people immediately "correct". Why would people go on and on about changing the pickups, replacing the tremelo unit, etc. if they want a carbon-copy of an old instrument? Let's be honest about it; if the pickups are changed then it is no longer the same as the original instrument.

Anyway, I thought that this site was supposed to be about the music; it seems to have become a discussion site regarding the rapidly increasing number of variations of basically the same guitar.

I've got a real one as well, a 1962, bought in 1981, out of the eight Strats' that I have collected it's possibly the worst one I own - the new ones are superior in every way. By the way, £1200 today is cheaper by comparison than what they cost in 1962. :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby petercreasey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:01 pm

...And to get back to the original question, about the originally mentioned ad....... Would you call this a good deal?
errrrrrr................................................................................ummmmmmmmm..............................................NO!!.................... :D
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Postby AlanMcKillop » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm

I thought this section was headed 'Guitars and Amps' Tom? ;)
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby dave robinson » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:27 pm

:lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby stratmantd » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:44 pm

No Alan, it's called View New Posts. :lol:
stratmantd

Postby AlanMcKillop » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:56 pm

Sorry Tom, you need to read it all, when you view new posts (see below), it quite clearly states what section the 'new post' is in, and in this case, it is in 'Guitar and Amps'. :D

Would you call this a good deal
1, 2 by The Badge Man » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:59 pm in Guitars and Amps
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Previous

Return to Gear