Gibson Les Paul

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Gibson Les Paul

Postby s4wgb » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:49 am

Last edited by s4wgb on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
s4wgb

Re: Gibson Les Paul

Postby ecca » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:58 am

Now where's me piggy bank ?
ecca

Postby 51 Relic » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:13 am

£45,000.00 for "snake oil " !!!! ;)
51 Relic

Postby Tigerdaisy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Message deleted
Last edited by Tigerdaisy on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigerdaisy

Full Real Name: Martin Kay

Postby ecca » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:30 pm

You've got to have owned a Les Paul to appreciate it.
ecca

Postby geoff1711 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:00 pm

Not so good for Apache, but brilliant for Parisian Walkways, or there again How High the Moon, November Rain.....
geoff1711

Postby JimN » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:05 pm

Tigerdaisy wrote:... a standard Les Paul I don't think is as well manufactured as a Strat....

You have to be joking.

I have three Fender Stratocasters and two Gibson Les Pauls, as well as several other Fenders and several other Gibsons.

There is no comparison between the construction standards. Gibsons are made by craftsmen. Fenders are assembled by factory operatives and were designed so as to be assembled rather than built and crafted.

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby Bill Bowley » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:09 am

JimN wrote:
Tigerdaisy wrote:... a standard Les Paul I don't think is as well manufactured as a Strat....

There is no comparison between the construction standards. Gibsons are made by craftsmen. Fenders are assembled by factory operatives and were designed so as to be assembled rather than built and crafted.

JN

I'd say craftsmen love Gibsons - I often see them (and Epiphones) in the luthiers with knecks broken up near the nut - inconsiderate Fenders don't provide much ongoing work like that! :roll:
Bill Bowley

Postby RayL » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:34 am

According to a world expert on smashing guitars, Rickenbackers break easily. (Pete Townsend, interviewed for It Was In Tune When I Bought It)

Ray
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Postby Bluesnote » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:25 pm

RayL wrote:According to a world expert on smashing guitars, Rickenbackers break easily. (Pete Townsend, interviewed for It Was In Tune When I Bought It)

Ray

That always annoyed the hell out of me in my early playing years. Struggling to afford a half decent guitar and amp and that idiot was smashing them to pieces at gigs.
I see in the news today that he wishes he'd never started The Who and gone solo instead :roll:
Had he done so there would be a lot more classic instruments still doing the rounds.
He seems to think that he'd still have been famous without the band but I have my doubts on that one :problem:
Bluesnote

Next

Return to Gear