New Squier Classic Vibe

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

New Squier Classic Vibe

Postby GrayH » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi All
I don't know if anyone is aware, but Squier are launching the Classic Vibe Stratocaster in Fiesta Red!

http://www.squierguitars.com/products/s ... 0303000540

Gray
GrayH

Full Real Name: Graham Hatton

Re: New Squier Classic Vibe

Postby Didier » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:26 am

Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby George Geddes » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:51 am

The Simon Neil Sig. model is a development of the Classic Vibe, i think, with a rosewood 'board.

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Postby stephen » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:14 pm

Seems to be quite a nice looking guitar. Unfortunately, would appear to have one of those overly-thick, bevelled, single-ply scratchplates that have already been adversely commented on in the guitar press, which is a shame, but not expensive to replace. Pity that for some obscure reason, Fender have decided to go for non-50's spec., with regards to the spacing of the 12th fret position dots. Then again, not the end of the world, just a little foible of mine. I hate that narrow spacing!
Stephen.
stephen

Postby noelford » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:13 pm

stephen wrote:Pity that for some obscure reason, Fender have decided to go for non-50's spec., with regards to the spacing of the 12th fret position dots.
Stephen.

Blimey! I just had to look closely at my American Vintage '57 reissue and my Custom Shop Masterbuilt '56 NOS to spot the difference! :o :)
noelford

Postby petercreasey » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:43 pm

stephen wrote:Seems to be quite a nice looking guitar. Unfortunately, would appear to have one of those overly-thick, bevelled, single-ply scratchplates that have already been adversely commented on in the guitar press, which is a shame, but not expensive to replace. Pity that for some obscure reason, Fender have decided to go for non-50's spec., with regards to the spacing of the 12th fret position dots. Then again, not the end of the world, just a little foible of mine. I hate that narrow spacing!
Stephen.

Oh Please!!! it's a 'reasonably priced' Strat not a collector's item :ugeek:
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Postby RUSSET » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:43 pm

I've had a Squier 'Simon Neil' (Classic vibe) '60s Strat for the past 12 months, & to be honest, it plays just as well as both my F.Red Fenders. This range is really well made & great value for money. The only upgrades I made was to replace the trem block with a steel one & the rather long trem arm with a standard length Jap Gotoh one. The sounds it makes are genuine Fender.

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby stephen » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:19 am

petercreasey wrote:
stephen wrote:Seems to be quite a nice looking guitar. Unfortunately, would appear to have one of those overly-thick, bevelled, single-ply scratchplates that have already been adversely commented on in the guitar press, which is a shame, but not expensive to replace. Pity that for some obscure reason, Fender have decided to go for non-50's spec., with regards to the spacing of the 12th fret position dots. Then again, not the end of the world, just a little foible of mine. I hate that narrow spacing!
Stephen.

Oh Please!!! it's a 'reasonably priced' Strat not a collector's item :ugeek:

Getting things 'right' in the context that I commented on, doesn't really cost money and take something into "collector's item" territory. I very much doubt that a 50's spec. thinner, un-bevelled scratchplate would be any more expensive than that rather odd, overly thick one that Fender have been using on several Squier models recently. As I stated in my earlier thread, the UK guitar press have made similar comments.............
Regarding the placement of the 12th fret position markers, Squier do produce necks with the 50's spec. spacing, so why not use them if you're going to call this a 50's Classic guitar? Little things I know, but from a design point of view, just as easy to get right as to get wrong.
Stephen.
stephen

Return to Gear