Fender Guitar parts

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Fender Guitar parts

Postby MickB » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi All
A mate of mine has been intending to update his Fender AM Standard Strat with gold parts for a while now.So we trawled around the internet tryint to source the parts,trying all our usual outlets (axesrus,WD parts et al)to no avail.My mate decided to get a quote from our main South Yorkshire dealer and was quoted £500 + incl fitting.Extortion springing to mind
I tried a worlwide search on the internet and came up with Angela Instruments a company in Maryland,USA.
They have an impressive on line catalogue covering most popular makes, all the hardware in gold to upgrade the strat in stock apart from the Fender strap locks.We got a quote online for all the parts,£210.45 incl shipping.
We ordered the parts Tuesday 12 April and they arrived today Thursday 14th by FEDEX.What great service.So if you are stuck for a part for your guitar or amp,give them a try.

http://www.angela.com/guitarparts.aspx

Regards Mick
MickB

Re: Fender Guitar parts

Postby OLDEREK » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Did you get charged import duty and VAT.............. :D
OLDEREK

Postby MickB » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi Derek
No import duty or VAT mate,not as yet anyway.Should he be charged,I will post accordingly.

Regards Mick
MickB

Postby OLDEREK » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:03 pm

A lot of peope I know who order from the USA are lucky and get it delivered without any VAT / Duty at all.................Every time my parcels arrive I have to pay, my local Post Office reckon that I must be unlucky, they say not every parcel gets charged, they think they are picked at ramdom, depending on how busy they are at the customs.........If yours arrived today without any charge attached you are one of the lucky ones :D

I remember about three weeks ago two sets of locking Sperzels arrived from the States, I had to pay VAT at the Post Office, when I picked it up I knew it was too light to contain my order, but I paid up and opened the parcel in front of the post office workers, what a good job I did, inside was a Bloody Trumpet Mute !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Having waited for over six weeks for it to arrive I was so angry, but the post office gave me back the VAT there and then becase they could see it had little value..........I got in touch with the firm and they were not interested, they said we must of put the wrong label on it, and said keep it and refunded my money, if I had not opened it in front of the post office workers I wonder where I would stand trying to get my Vat back from the Customs..........
OLDEREK

Postby John Boyd » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:10 am

Another US company that provides genuine Fender parts and a great service is :
www.guitarpartsresource.com
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Full Real Name: John Boyd

Postby geoff1711 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:36 am

Trumpet Mute worthless eehh??

They look to be more expensive than the last set of Sperzels I bought on Ebay

see below

Tom Crown Copper End Straight Mute- Bb Trumpet
Our Price: £54.99
This straight mute has a unique warm tone produced by Tom Crown's choice of materials- aluminium finished with a copper bottom. Also fits Bb cornet. More...

And probably much more useful than Diocalm (or any other remedy come to that) if you go to Egypt on holiday!

Geoff
geoff1711

Postby OLDEREK » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:42 am

Here is a photo of the Trumpet Mute, the cost was £10.95...........The two sets of Locking Sperzels were £120........... :D
MUTE.jpg
(11.14 KiB) Downloaded 6826 times
OLDEREK

Postby dave robinson » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:01 pm

I always get shafted with the import taxes . . . . . :cry:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby AlanMcKillop » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:33 pm

I've bought a number of things from the USA and fair quite well, ironically, two guitars came without charges but a Dearmond 610 volume pedal attracted charges, very strange. :o
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby Detailed Infinity » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Had all my Strat hardware done by this company. Just sent all the parts and they dip them. Mine's antique gold--nothing too garish and cheap looking. Why but new when these guys can plate it for you

http://www.premierplatingworks.co.uk/gold-plating.php
Detailed Infinity

Next

Return to Gear