Possible substitute for the Yamaha Magicstomp>

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Possible substitute for the Yamaha Magicstomp>

Postby JimN » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:09 pm

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/line-6-m5-stompbox-modeller/49126

I think Geoff Strachan has a set of echo patches for the Line6 echoes (I have them installed in my own Line6 EchoPro).

This new L6 stompbox certainly seems to be the same sort of thing as the unavailable Magicstomp and at the same sort of price.

Did Yamaha really not understand that they had a hit on the hands with the Magicstomp?

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Re: Possible substitute for the Yamaha Magicstomp>

Postby Didier » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:31 pm

JimN wrote:This new L6 stompbox certainly seems to be the same sort of thing as the unavailable Magicstomp and at the same sort of price.

The Line 6 M5 is of a "Simple one-effect-at-a-time design", so I doubt it could emulate early years Meazzi echoes.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Re: Possible substitute for the Yamaha Magicstomp>

Postby roger bayliss » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:40 pm

I had a look at this unit a while back and it does have a multi tap echo based on the roland 101 Space echo and tape style echos but only one effect at a time so it would need to be one of the bigger brothers like the M9 / M13 and use 4 tape delays set up to get the Shads style multi taps. I think David Martin had the M13 and thought it was capable of such but never heard one myself. The MS has a number of multi tap delays built in but sadly this unit does not have it... shame because it's a good unit overall .
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Return to Gear