Fender Classic Player 50's Guitar

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Fender Classic Player 50's Guitar

Postby Shadoogie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am

I am on the lookout for one of these in Fiesta Red - seems they are supposed to be available in that colour but cannot find a dealer anywhere with one.

Also wouldn't mind some advice from the illustrious members here as to whether this guitar is the best I could do at the sort of £500 mark.

Thanks

Geoff
Shadoogie

Full Real Name: Geoff Parkin

Re: Fender Classic Player 50's Guitar

Postby RUSSET » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:12 am

Hi Geoff,
The Fender Mex 'Classic Player' range only lists four versions of the Strat. Two '50s ones with Maple neck in either Gold or Two-Tone Sunburst. Also there are two '60s ones in Sonic Blue or Three Tone Sunburst, with Rosewood boards.
However, the Mex 'Classic' series does include a Fiesta Red bodied '50s model with Maple neck. I guess you will be able to get a new one for around £450. Check prices on the Web for best deals.
Another even cheaper alternative worth checking is the Squier 'Classic Vibe' series from China. They make a Fiesta Red 50s Strat with Maple neck& Alnico V pickups & also an F.Red '60s Strat with Rosewood board called the 'Simon Neil' signature Strat.
You can pick these two up new for around the £300 mark. Don't be put off by the Squier logo & the Chinese manufacture; they are excellent & I would say they are virtually equal in quality to the middle range Mex guitars. The only thing that needs to be upgraded on them is the trem block, which is a typical Far East soft alloy one, which tends to wear quickly & the trem arm gets quite loose. I have the '60s model & have replaced the block with a full thickness Steel one. The pickups are great & to my ears, for the price you pay, it sounds like an typical vintage Strat Tone.

Cheers, Tony.
RUSSET

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Tony's correct, I got the Classic Players 50's strat in Sunburst and was so pleased with both the feel and sound, I got the body resprayed FR by Ian Harper and it's a keeper, great guitar. :thumbup:
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby 51 Relic » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:26 pm

http://www.musiccentraluk.com/

I live in the Isle of Wight and the above shop has one of the Mex Classic Strats in stock in F red with a maple neck ( nice guitar ) approx £430 :D
51 Relic

Postby 51 Relic » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Shadoogie wrote:I am on the lookout for one of these in Fiesta Red - seems they are supposed to be available in that colour but cannot find a dealer anywhere with one.

Also wouldn't mind some advice from the illustrious members here as to whether this guitar is the best I could do at the sort of £500 mark.

Thanks

Geoff

musiccentraluk.com/

I live in the Isle of Wight and the above shop has one of the Mex Classic Strats in stock in F red with a maple neck ( nice guitar ) approx £430
51 Relic

Postby Shadoogie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks for the comments guys - I will check out the Isle of Wight dealer

All the best

Geoff
Shadoogie

Full Real Name: Geoff Parkin

Return to Gear