Dont leave your strat in the sun

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Dont leave your strat in the sun

Postby Jay Bass » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Jay Bass

Full Real Name: Jay Van Harte

Re: Dont leave your strat in the sun

Postby Bluesnote » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:48 pm

When I went down to Bacup to pick up a seven-string guitar that was built for me by Brian Eastwood there was loads of weird and wonderful guitars that he'd made for customers, one of these was like the melted Strat that was similar to the one on the cover of an Eric Clapton? album from years ago, the one that was sitting on a table and looked as if it was pouring over the side. It was fiesta red too and was really strange looking. He said they were made for a chain of music shops in the States.
At least the guitar he made for me didn't melt :roll:
Bluesnote

Postby geoff1711 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:41 pm

The shop that this is in is well worth a visit if you are in the area, a very good selection across a wide range of prices, and the couple who run it are very friendly.

Geoff
geoff1711

Postby cockroach » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:33 am

Living in Australia, I've done lots of outdoor gigs over the years in 40 degree C (over 100 degree F) heat and direct sun!

Makes for some interesting tuning problems sometimes...although a Fender type guitar can survive almost anything! Although I've had a thick leather guitar strap turn BLACK and sopping wet- with sweat!
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Postby Bluesnote » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:52 am

cockroach wrote:Living in Australia, I've done lots of outdoor gigs over the years in 40 degree C (over 100 degree F) heat and direct sun!

Makes for some interesting tuning problems sometimes...although a Fender type guitar can survive almost anything! Although I've had a thick leather guitar strap turn BLACK and sopping wet- with sweat!

You can get some pretty interesting effects on guitars in Scotlands cold damp climate too :roll:

Humidity is not a crucial factor in the lives of our instruments it has to be said :lol:

And as for the strap....its more likely to snap through with the cold brass monkey-ish brittleness of our frosty winter mornings :o
Hugh.
Bluesnote

Return to Gear