56 NOS strat model stamp *HELP*

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: 56 NOS strat model stamp *HELP*

Postby cygnetshadow » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi Alan,

I had at various times a 56 Relic (only lightly distressed, not a heavy relic) and a 59 NOS, both now sold. I currently have a 62 Closet Classic (rosewood neck).

This last one is for sale if anyone's interested. The only thing "wrong" is that I can't find (or never had, I can't remember) the certificate. Price around £1,400, and I'm not dismantling it to check the markings! I firmly believe that Fender are better at assembling these things than I am. I'd be happy to let a professional strip it down to demonstrate it's provenancefor a potential buyer.

Best wishes,All,

Stephen
cygnetshadow

Postby cygnetshadow » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Hi again,

I've just read page 2 of this thread which I previously missed and it's clear I'm not the Stephen your comment was aimed at, Alan. I thought it a little odd but never mind!

Sorry I butted in, so to speak, but my C/S 62 is still available.......

Best wishes, Stephen
cygnetshadow

Postby Pol » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:58 pm

stephen wrote:Phil,
I wasn't claiming that my 1954 40th Anniversary Stratocaster was a product of the Custom Shop, only that these guitars were originally supplied with a certificate attesting to their authenticity and the lack of one with my guitar didn't give me palpitations that it was a fake. Custom Shop product is not exclusive in having certification.

Stephen.

The Fender Custom Shop was, as stated earlier, founded in 1987 the year the world wide demand and request for old original Strats was so big that it created a fenomen called "Stratmania". The response on the US Vintage dealer market was immediate, lack of supply caused a price rise of available stock in shop. About that time my main source for old guitars was Gruhns Guitars in Nashville. I had been looking for an old all original sunburst , and luckely I got a first hand offer for an one-owner August 1956 Stratocaster with its original side-pocket US Kaylon tweed case. The guitar was shipped to me supplied with a COA attesting its authenticity, signed by George Gruhn himself. An original Strat for the eqv.cost of a Custom Shop Relic today..
To quote Stephen (Davies) further: "It`s a beautiful looking &sounding instrument and undoubtedly the "best" Strat I own"

Best wishes Pol.
Pol

Postby asimmd » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:43 pm

According to the Fender Community Forum,replacement COA's are available.

You need to contact Fender Customer Services and they wil tell you what the
proceedure is.

Hope it works

Alan
asimmd

Full Real Name: Alan Sim

Previous

Return to Gear