Fender Dual Professional

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Fender Dual Professional

Postby StuartD » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi

If anyone spots one of these Amps for sale anywhere I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks in advance

Stuart
StuartD

Full Real Name: Stuart Duffy

Re: Fender Dual Professional

Postby cockroach » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:19 am

Do you mean the big Showman 100+watt amp head with the giant 2x15 speaker box??

What do you want to do? Make yourself permanently deaf and get a triple hernia?? :lol:
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Postby StuartD » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:03 am

Hi Mate

Not at all. It's one of these:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... CEUQ9QEwBA

Regards

Stuart
StuartD

Full Real Name: Stuart Duffy

Postby JimN » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:36 am

cockroach wrote:Do you mean the big Showman 100+watt amp head with the giant 2x15 speaker box?? What do you want to do? Make yourself permanently deaf and get a triple hernia?? :lol:

Actually, splitting the head and speakers of the Twin Reverb into separate cabinets was a smart move by Leo, because it meant that the weight didn't have to be moved all in one lump. It established a format which would be enthusiastically followed by the entire industry for larger, higher-powered, amplifiers. Even a very heavy amp head (like the Showman, which is a Twin chassis in a separate cabinet) is easier to lift because of its size.

OK, Leo replaced the Twin's 2x12s with a 1x15 for the Showman, but believe me, the Showman (even the Dual Showman with 2x15s) is easier to move around than a Twin...

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby cockroach » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:46 pm

Sorry chaps! I'm not up with these modern models...

Bill, I agree about the Twin....and all the other heavy old amps and new ones...transistors might not sound as good, but they are easier on the old body as I get old..!

(Just had to buy another car, a modern one, to replace my old Volvo which finally died, had to buy a 4WD (RAV 4) to be able to fit all my gear in for gigs etc...!)

Used to be able to fit ALL of the band's gear, incuding drums, PA etc in an old FB Holden wagon, Bill- back in the the good old days!...until she boiled of course!)
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Return to Gear