sliders pickups

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: sliders pickups

Postby dave robinson » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Geoff Alderton LH wrote:Hi all.
Can I ask if any of the Sliders users fitted the capacitor supply'd by Sliders, or went for another value capacitor.
Regards Geoff.

I just fitted the pickups, the capacitor is still in it's wrap . . . . . what duz it do anyway ? . . . :?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Tab » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:55 pm

I'm not an expert on these things and I may be wrong but I think I remember someone telling me that it maintains tone quality when the volume on the guitar is reduced.
Tab

Full Real Name: Terry Bryant

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Hi Dave
Here you go, much better answer than I could give. http://www.fender.com/community/forums/ ... 10&t=23438
I had the cap changed, on my first 62 re issue, a few years ago and could hear the difference.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby rapidsguitars » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:17 pm

hi geoff, i fitted a slider pick up and cap to my custom strat about a year ago , love the sound, the cap does make a difference. i have tried a few different pick ups in the bridge and these a very authentic and i have tried a few different caps but i have settled on this combination. IAN.
rapidsguitars

Postby chas » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Geoff Alderton LH wrote:Hi Dave
Here you go, much better answer than I could give. http://www.fender.com/community/forums/ ... 10&t=23438
I had the cap changed, on my first 62 re issue, a few years ago and could hear the difference.
Regards Geoff.

I was reminded in recent years that apparently early Strats were fitted with a .1uf cap (as opposed to the more common .047uf), so I fitted one of the paper in oil type (Vitamin Q). Although I never roll off my tone controls, everything in the chain is supposed to have an effect to some degree or another.....I wonder what value cap Sliders provide?

Chas.
chas

Full Real Name: Chas de Lacy

Postby chas » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:41 pm

I just realised that the cap they supply could be a low value one to put on the volume control.

Chas.
chas

Full Real Name: Chas de Lacy

Postby roger bayliss » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:41 pm

I recently came across these boutique pickups and they do a great range and recently the 1959 variety were on offer
They do singles as well as sets

http://www.kleinpickups.com/c-2-stratoc ... ckups.aspx
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Previous

Return to Gear