Vox AD60VT settings to use with MagicStomp

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Vox AD60VT settings to use with MagicStomp

Postby vonduck » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:08 am

Hi folks,

I have recently acquired a Vox AD60VT amp Valvetronix and have also purchased a Magicstomp unit... my question is for those who own one of these amps is "what settings on the amp should i use as to the dials etc, so that the Magic stomp does not conflict with it using its settings" if that makes sense! My thinking is that the amp should be "clean" as it were and the Magicstomp takes care of the echo stuff?

There are so many dials and whistles on this amp that i thought i would ask so i don't get frustrated initially!

Appreciate any help form you learned folk out there in the Northern hemisphere!

Regards

Doug
vonduck

Re: Vox AD60VT settings to use with MagicStomp

Postby keithmantle » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi Doug, One of our 'Hankies' Ian Plant AKA stratpicker/sixchannel i think uses a VT60, look up his name in members and send him a pm, just in case he doesn't see the thread (he gets a great sound from his)
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby Mark Burton » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:59 pm

Doug

Use the AC15TB setting, no modulation, maybe a little compression, no delay or reverb keep the gain at 10 O'clock or below (when looking from front) set tone until your ears tell you it's right - should be plain sailing !

good luck
Mark
Mark Burton
Mark Burton

Full Real Name: Mark Burton

Postby vonduck » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Thanks guys... as always -Awesome on this site!

Kia ora

Doug
vonduck

Return to Gear