Squier Classic Vibe Jazzmaster

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Squier Classic Vibe Jazzmaster

Postby RUSSET » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Bill Bowley wrote:
RUSSET wrote:Thanks for the info, Bill. I have since done some further investigations, & found a UK supplier : http://www.guitarpartsworldwide.com/JAZ ... lZIWnZKSGM
They inform me that Squier parts are usually different specs to US/Mex parts, so it is advisable to send them a tracing of the scratchplate & they can cut a custom made one in whichever colour desired.

Tony.

Tony,

Great that you can get one made the way you need to. By the way, I bet if I asked that mob you speak of to make me a set of 'genuine' scratchplates for a BURNS Marvin I would go away disappointed! :roll:

Don't see why they wouldn't do a Burns one for you, Bill, but I dare say you could get a genuine one by contacting Burns direct.

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby Bill Bowley » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:09 am

Tony,

Already spoken with BURNS re replacement scratchplates, I'm waiting for the value of the Aus Dollar to reach a lot higher and getting a good resale value on one of my BMW's to provide the funds before I order them direct! A genuine set for a '64 Marvin cost 33% of the price for an new re-issue!: :roll:
Bill Bowley

Postby RUSSET » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:56 pm

Bill Bowley wrote:Tony,

Already spoken with BURNS re replacement scratchplates, I'm waiting for the value of the Aus Dollar to reach a lot higher and getting a good resale value on one of my BMW's to provide the funds before I order them direct! A genuine set for a '64 Marvin cost 33% of the price for an new re-issue!: :roll:

Oooo ... nasty. Maybe 'Guitarparts' is the way to go, then.

Tony.
RUSSET

Previous

Return to Gear