VOX AD120-VT

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

VOX AD120-VT

Postby keithmantle » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:38 am

Hi All , Just bought a 120VT inc VC12 footboard, (bought on way down to Shadowmania) any help/advice with settings or possible problems would be very helpful . Thanks in advance Keith (Hankies)
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Re: VOX AD120-VT

Postby panchodiaz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi Keith

That is a great amp. You´ll find the dedicated website www.valvetronix.net to be very useful.

In that website they recommended a simple modification (they call it smooth mod) which I fitted in mine and I got a great vintage tone. Anyway if you don´t want to modify the circuit, they also recommend to use a EQ in the external effects loop which I also tried up with good results too. It´s all there in that website.

I also followed up the advices of the group from Perth regarding settings and got a sound quite similar to the old AC15 for the early Shadows tunes. Making this story short, select AC30TB amp, put Bass & Treble controls to zero, let Middle to 12 o´clock and Presence (which acts as Cut in Vox amps) between 2 and 3 o´clock. Also the Gain to 11 o´clock. You also may want to put the Volume to max and use the Master control for the final volume.

Regarding amp problems, it´s all in that site. You´ll find amazing info there.

I hope this helps. Best wishes,
Pancho
panchodiaz

Full Real Name: Francisco Diaz Paniagua

Re: VOX AD120-VT

Postby keithmantle » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:25 pm

panchodiaz wrote:Hi Keith

That is a great amp. You´ll find the dedicated website http://www.valvetronix.net to be very useful.

In that website they recommended a simple modification (they call it smooth mod) which I fitted in mine and I got a great vintage tone. Anyway if you don´t want to modify the circuit, they also recommend to use a EQ in the external effects loop which I also tried up with good results too. It´s all there in that website.

I also followed up the advices of the group from Perth regarding settings and got a sound quite similar to the old AC15 for the early Shadows tunes. Making this story short, select AC30TB amp, put Bass & Treble controls to zero, let Middle to 12 o´clock and Presence (which acts as Cut in Vox amps) between 2 and 3 o´clock. Also the Gain to 11 o´clock. You also may want to put the Volume to max and use the Master control for the final volume.

Regarding amp problems, it´s all in that site. You´ll find amazing info there.

I hope this helps. Best wishes,
Pancho

Hi Pancho, Many thanks for your advice, I'm taking it to the 'Hankies' tonight and will also ask Amanda to give it a quick check. all the best keith
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Return to Gear