Drummer Required

Anything to do with drums, percussion and drummers

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Drummer Required

Postby JimTidmarsh » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:03 am

Quiff & The Shades, replicate the early years of Cliff Richard & The Shadows, plus a selection of popular 1950/60s songs that Cliff & The Shads would have performed in their live concerts. Three guitarists in their sixties and a slightly younger singer, we have a number of paid gigs until the end of the year.

We currently have a 'depping' drummer helping us out until November but would like a permanent replacement in place for rehearsing from August onwards, if possible. We rehearse Wednesday evenings (not every week) in Sidcup, Kent and the gigs will cover Kent, Surrey, Essex & London.

Please PM me if interested.
JimTidmarsh

Full Real Name: Jim Tidmarsh

Re: Drummer Required

Postby alanmac » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:55 pm

not sure if this is of any help, but will introduce myself anyway.
i think i have met a member or two of your band, tony dobson, who played rhythm at one of the fenland shadows club live nights.
i was the bandleader and drummer of the moonlight shadows (peterborough not Bruces ones) which disbanded last year.
I play at hte Fenland shads club for there live nights every 4 months, and presently do a bit of depping.
i am not sur eof the logic of joining a band with a distance to practice taking 2 and 1/4 hours, but have got in touch in case I can be of any help.
I would hate to see any band not being able to gig through a lack of and experienced drummer.
you can see me on youtube playing type "moonlight shadows play" into google if you wish.
anyway enough of me ranting on.
i can be reached on the phone on 01733 210412 or email alan.mcmillan@mypostoffice.co.uk

if I am of no help at least I can wish you all the best finding what you need

regards
Alan
alanmac

Re: Drummer Required

Postby JimTidmarsh » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Thanks for the interest, Alan.

We filled the post last week!!!!
JimTidmarsh

Full Real Name: Jim Tidmarsh

Return to Drums and Drummers