Little Brian

For anything to do with drums, percussion and drummers

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Little Brian

Postby drakula63 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:32 pm

Just thought I'd move this Little B from the 'general' thread to where he really belongs!

(Yes, and a 'Big B' as well !!!)

The model is a replica of the puppet featured in the 1966 film Thunderbirds Are Go!

And all I can say to end is...

FAB !!!
Attachments
IMG_1068.JPG
(114.7 KiB) Downloaded 8455 times
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Re: Little Brian

Postby drakula63 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:39 pm

P.S.

A bit of trivia.

I actually had an argument (only a small one) with the guy who had made the puppets and was setting them up. I pointed out that the kit was set up incorrectly and 'offered' to move all the drums into their correct places. The guy pointed out to me that this was how the kit was set up in the film and this was what he was aiming to represent. Fair enough. He then pointed out to me that the combo amps were wrong too, as he couldn't get miniature Vox AC30s. There was another error, but I decided NOT to point it out!

Mind you, this all had a happy ending as whilst I was talking to him, the radio interviewer was listening and (obviously on the lookout for people to collar for an interview) decided to interview me!

So all's well that ends well.

Probably.

FAB (again).
drakula63

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:41 pm

It looks like he has replicas of the others too! (Just peeping in at the sides of the photo.)

Did you photograph them?

[EDIT] SORRY - didn't see the other photos in the General section - I read this one first!
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Postby drakula63 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:57 pm

Yeah. Maybe I should really have moved them ALL into this thread as they are likely to remain visible here for slightly longer than in the general section.

The puppets were OK, but didn't look anywhere near as good as the originals. The little Burns Marvins were good too, but the problem was, John was also playing a 6-string and not a bass. I didn't point this out to the guy because he didn't seem very well disposed towards me after I tried to rearrange Little Brian's kit!
:oops:

Having said all that, it was great to see them and as they were set up right at the front of the foyer, they were literally the first display you saw when entering the venue.

P.S. I've just watched the relevant sequence from the film and Brian's kit IS set up correctly, just as I felt sure that it was. I'm not sure where the guy got the idea from that it was set up wrong. Oh well, some people just won't be told...
drakula63

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:45 pm

I thought he wasn't looking very happy in the photos!
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Return to Drums and Drummers