Our drummer in Manila

Anything to do with drums, percussion and drummers

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Postby abstamaria » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:05 am

You are absolutely right, Steve. I am really happy there are young drummers on the forum.

My best wishes for many more years for you.

Andy
abstamaria

Full Real Name: Andres Sta. Maria

Re: Our other drummer

Postby abstamaria » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:45 am

Here is another old-time drummer - Lito Toribio, who played drums for The Electromaniacs in the early 1960s. Lito is probably the most remembered of the 60s drummers, as even none musicians of my age remember him. He was best known for his “Little B” cover in those early years.

We took Lito out of retirement about five years ago, and he played with our band Walking Shadow. It was quite a treat to play with him (Oh, what a difference a good drummer makes!). If you fast forward past the Shadoogie portion of this video, you can see Lito playing Little B. This was at a show we did at a local hotel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x-TBJq7UbE

Lito needed to gig so left our amateur band to play again with the reconsituted Electromaniacs. He is a great guy, probably almost 70 now.

Andy
abstamaria

Full Real Name: Andres Sta. Maria

Re: Our drummer in Manila

Postby roninnes » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:56 am

Paul,
Dave and Carol moved to Devon as a permamnent deal as did Ian and Jeannie Purdon in January.
The move to the southwest is also in our thoughts.
Ron
Ron
roninnes

Full Real Name: Ron Innes

Re: Our drummer in Manila

Postby Paul Creasey » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Thanks for that, Ron.
I knew that some of Dave & Carol's family lived in that neck of the woods, and had been the cause of frequent visits, but as my visits to Shadows Guitar Clubs have been infrequent for quite a while, had lost touch.
There are certainly far worse places to move-to when the pace of life (for whatever reason) slows - me and Marg were on Exmoor recently catching up with old friends there - but as all of our immediate family remains resolutely in the Lincoln area, I can't envisage a permanent move of that sort just yet. However, my long-held (pipe?) dreams of a permanent move to either Spain or Malta remain, although (sadly) not shared by my better half!
Whatever you decide to do - the very best of good fortune in making your own life changing decisions.
Regards
Paul.
Paul Creasey

Previous

Return to Drums and Drummers