hot rods

Anything to do with drums, percussion and drummers

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

hot rods

Postby andykombi » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:10 am

brians hot rod sticks on the 1989 vid anyone know what make they are ? id like to get a pair
andykombi

Full Real Name: Andrew Dunne

Re: hot rods

Postby Paul Creasey » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Hey!.............they're the ones that I use!!
Like it says in the ad. "when sticks are too loud, and brushes are too soft". SOME members of our Band reckon I should use 'em ALL the time!
They've proved to be extremely durable, too. I bought mine when I started playing again about four years ago, and they're only now beginning to show signs of wear.
Good product!
Regards
Paul
P.S. - They don't make me sound like BB though!
Paul Creasey

Postby Bluesnote » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:52 pm

Paul Creasey wrote:Hey!.............they're the ones that I use!!
Like it says in the ad. "when sticks are too loud, and brushes are too soft". SOME members of our Band reckon I should use 'em ALL the time!

Now I wish these had been around when I was last playing in a band. I'd willingly have paid for them myself for our drummer :lol:
Gave me many headaches that guy did :?
I did suggest that he should use chopsticks but he did'nt catch on to my meaning :roll:
Bluesnote

Postby Paul Creasey » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:22 pm

Hey!, Go-on Hugh, you LOVE us really, don't you?

The main purpose of Drummers is to ensure that Guitarists AREN'T "The Lords of Creation" - even if they THINK they are!!

You should've been at our rehearsal last Monday night - we had a friend (and member of this forum) visit, so that made THREE Lead/Rhythm Guitarists - and d'ya' know what - they kept huddling together and talking about "Strings", "Valves", "Pre-amps(???)", "Echoes" and such-like - talk about "Hubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble"!!

Anyroadup, it DID give Kim (Bass) and me more time to drink tea, and talk about The World, Love, and The Meaning of Life!!

Come to think of it, we've got ANOTHER Guitarist friend visiting two out of the three next rehearsals, so I guess Kim 'n me had better buy another box of Yorkshire Tea Bags!

Regards
Paul.
P.S. To those of you who take life too seriously (so that must mean most Guitarists, I guess!), this post has been made with tongue FIRMLY in cheek - honest!
Paul Creasey

Postby Bluesnote » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:54 pm

:lol:

Speaking in jest of course :roll: Really I love drummers, especially the electronic kind. Now what were they called? :think:
Oh yes...drum machines :mrgreen:

The drummer we had decided to purchase these electronic things that go pow pow and all that stuff. We used to call them his tupperware kit much to his annoyance.
We were at practice one day and I was sitting watching him trying to figure why they were'nt working. So he finally got to the amp bit where he figured made the sound come out and unscrewed the fuse and pulled it out of its casing. I remember thinking, he's not really going to stick that bare fuse in the hole while holding the other end :roll:
He did :shock: arms and legs flailing about and kicking the kit all over the place, he found out it was live and there was nothing wrong with the fuse :lol:

The moral to this story I suppose is....if you see a huddle of guitarists, you should really join in with the discussions on the techie stuff and then you may not suffer the same fate as our drummer :D
Bluesnote

Postby Paul Creasey » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:11 am

Main reason I've stayed "acoustic", Hugh!
I DID look at an electronic kit a while back, but when I saw all that "techie" stuff, thought "Bl**dy Hell!, if I get into all that, I'll be JUST LIKE a Guitarist!".
Every Band deserves at least ONE down-to-earth, level-headed, English-speaking, member!
Regards
Paul
(Again.........tongue firmly in cheek!)
Paul Creasey

Postby Bluesnote » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:19 pm

Groan!!! :roll:

:lol:
Bluesnote

Return to Drums and Drummers