Jet's Mocha brown jazz bass.

For any discussion about bass guitars, bass players and other bass related subjects

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Jet's Mocha brown jazz bass.

Postby jetcross » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:31 pm

If anyone is interested, one of Jet's guitars, a 1976 mocha brown jazz bass is up for sale in Electromusic in Doncaster for £2200.
I have played it and it sounds and plays well. It's being sold on commission by a friend of Jet's but there doesn't appear
to be any provenance to accompany the sale. Details to be found on the Electromusic website.
Last edited by jetcross on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jetcross

Full Real Name: Ian Cross

Re: Jet's Mocha brown jazz bass.

Postby anniv 63 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:35 pm

An interesting picture if you go into the sellers website.
The only time I remember Jet using a Jazz Bass was around 1976/77 when he was playing a
12 number set on gigs with his band the Diamonds. (the Inside Gloucester Prison recording is from this time)
As I recall from a gig at The Royalty Ballroom Southgate London around February 77, If my memory serves me right,
this may be the Bass he used , although I don't remember the odd colour and maple neck?
Interesting nevertheless and not Sunburst!!

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Postby JimN » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:17 pm

anniv 63 wrote:An interesting picture if you go into the sellers website.
The only time I remember Jet using a Jazz Bass was around 1976/77 when he was playing a
12 number set on gigs with his band the Diamonds. (the Inside Gloucester Prison recording is from this time)
As I recall from a gig at The Royalty Ballroom Southgate London around February 77, If my memory serves me right,
this may be the Bass he used , although I don't remember the odd colour and maple neck?
Interesting nevertheless and not Sunburst!!

Mike

Jet used to borrow the sunburst Jazz Bass (with r/n and blocks'n'binding) which belonged to the bass-player of The Diamonds. The bassist in turn used to play the sunburst early seventies Strat (large headstock, no bullet) which Jet used on guitar numbers.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby anniv 63 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:59 am

Ah yes Jim, that would explain the Sunburst Jazz Bass, I saw at the time.

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Return to Bass and Bass Players