Pro Musician - Says Hi and Help!

Anything to do with bass guitars, bass players and other bass related subjects

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Pro Musician - Says Hi and Help!

Postby Lee Restarick » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:54 pm

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been a pro musician for 22 years and have recently surpassed my 3000th gig in various guises involving lead/rhythm/bass guitars, keyboards, lead and backing vocals.

I've been a huge Shadows fan since I started playing the guitar aged 6 and first played Apache in a school show aged 10. Due to being pro you tend to get pushed into a bill paying direction, rather than a preferred musical direction. But, recently I was involved in a Shadows project, playing bass, which got my juices flowing again. Unfortunately due to personal reasons I couldn't carry on that job, but I am currently all rehearsed up with nowhere to go.

If there are any Pro or Semi Pro Shadows/Instrumental based bands looking for a bass guitarist I would certainly be interested. Travelling for the Pro jobs is not a problem (I've done 600 miles this week!) and Semi Pro/Get togethers a little closer to home would be preferred. I've pretty much been solo for the last 15 years and desperately need to start having some human band interaction again!!!

I would like to get down to my nearest Shadows Club and hopefully meet some of you nice people on here. I shall go and peruse now.

Cheers everyone

Lee Grant
Lee Restarick

Re: Pro Musician - Says Hi and Help!

Postby barryg » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi Lee,

Welcome to the Shadows community where you'll find lots of info and poeple to talk to. There is a new Shadows club in Seaford in Sussex that may suit you (They had a meeting there today) Look at the club area heading at the top of the page and go to Sussex club for info.

Barry
barryg

Full Real Name: Barry Gillam

Postby Lee Restarick » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:08 pm

Hi Barry
Yes just looked, I know that venue pretty well. I actually perform there a couple of times a year. Looks like I've just missed that meeting as it finished a few minutes ago! Thanks, I shall keep a look out for further meetings.
Lee Restarick

Postby Tab » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:57 am

Hi Lee,

Welcome aboard.

I run the Sussex Club with Ray Field and we would be delighted to see you in Seaford - the next meeting is Sunday May 23rd and then June 27th. Sorry you missed us yesterday.

We currently work to backing tracks but are looking to set up a live situation if we can find the players - you seem to be just the man. I think we may have a drummer also. Please give me a ring on 07867 776186 sometime - it will be good to speak.

In between now and the next meeting there will be Club meetings at Hersham (Surrey Club) and Waterlooville (South Coast Club) which are within striking distance of Horsham and the ShadowMusic SouthEast meet in the Medway area.

All details can be found in the 'Club Area'

Kind regards,

Terry
Tab

Full Real Name: Terry Bryant

Postby Iain Purdon » Mon May 03, 2010 3:18 am

Welcome aboard Lee

It may be a bit of a trek for you but the Watford club meets once a month on either Monday or Wednesday evening 7.30 - 11.00 and runs a live band whenever possible. The venue is a few mins walk from Watford Junction Station. GIve me a shout if you'd like to know more.

Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Return to Bass and Bass Players