Precision bass bridge

Anything to do with bass guitars, bass players and other bass related subjects

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Precision bass bridge

Postby jetcross » Thu May 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Just popped a badass bass bridge on my Precision. It certainly brings out the tone of the guitar but the standard precision bridge cover won't fit over the badass as it's wider than the original ............ has anyone else found this and got a solution ? Wondered about a Jazz cover but they seem to be the same width ?
jetcross

Full Real Name: Ian Cross

Re: Precision bass bridge

Postby JimN » Thu May 13, 2010 11:02 pm

JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby Jay Bass » Fri May 14, 2010 6:01 am

jetcross wrote:Just popped a badass bass bridge on my Precision. It certainly brings out the tone of the guitar but the standard precision bridge cover won't fit over the badass as it's wider than the original ............ has anyone else found this and got a solution ? Wondered about a Jazz cover but they seem to be the same width ?

Hi
I dont Think any Bridge cover Will fit Over the Badass Bridge
once you have fed the strings through the bridge ther isnt much room left lenght ways to fit a cover?
i have a Badass Fitted to my precision and it does improve the overall sound of the Bass.

regards
Jay
Jay Bass

Full Real Name: Jay Van Harte

Postby bassboogie » Fri May 14, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi,

Squier make a Classic Vibe 60's P bass which has a bridge similar to the Badbass. Although the standard Classic Vibe does not have a cover over the bridge, the Classic Vibe's sold by Guitar Village do. The cover fitted by Guitar Village is slightly larger than the standard P bass cover, but otherwise appears to be the same. Have a peep on http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk, then find basses, then Squier, you'll see the Classic Vibe.
I suggest you ring Guitar Village and they may be able to help.

Regards, Luigi
bassboogie

Full Real Name: Luigi Ciapparelli

Postby Jay Bass » Sat May 15, 2010 9:44 am

Hi
Have a look at the 2 pictures
this is the same bass, 1 with the standard bridge fitted, the other with the badass bridge fitted
the badass is much longer and once you have fed the strings through the bridge
there isnt much room left lenght ways to fit a cover, so even if you manage to find a cover that is wider
check it will fit lenght ways too.

Regards
Jay
band 014.jpg
(80.95 KiB) Downloaded 17816 times
Attachments
bass 001.jpg
(108.09 KiB) Downloaded 17816 times
Jay Bass

Postby jetcross » Wed May 26, 2010 6:48 am

Thanks to Luigi, Jim, and Jay for your replies. On Luigi's advice, I've sent for a cover from "All Parts" which was recommended by Guitar Village and is big enough to cover the badass bridge. I can return it for a full refund if not suitable so will give it a try.
jetcross

Postby Iain Purdon » Thu May 27, 2010 4:45 am

I've never heard the badass. How does it work and what is the difference in sound? I'd love to hear a side-by-side comparison. Are you bringing it to Levisham, Ian?

Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby jetcross » Thu May 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Got your query, Iain, thanks. If you go to "badassbassbridge4string" or "basscentre.com", you can read about this bridge and there are some reviews too. I've popped Seymour Duncan pups on so could be difficult to compare my bass sound with a standard PB with Fender bridge. I'll be at Levisham so see you there. Cheers - Ian.
jetcross

Postby Jay Bass » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:36 pm

jetcross wrote: I've sent for a cover from "All Parts" which was recommended by Guitar Village and is big enough to cover the badass bridge. I can return it for a full refund if not suitable so will give it a try.

Hi Ian
Have you tried the bridge Cover Yet?
Any pics?

regards
Jay
Jay Bass

Postby Iain Purdon » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Well, in the excitement of it all I forgot to take a close look at your badass, Ian, but the bridge cover looked good and I must say your bass sounded cracking. Your new Ampeg BA600 115 is an impressive beast too!

I used two Precisions through the same kit over the weekend - with Fender American reissue pickups, not Seymour Duncans - and my sound was different. How much that has to do with the lack of badass I've no idea but one thing we do know is that I was quieter and the PA man ended up with two settings, one for you and one for me!

Any anoraks present who noticed?

Iain

PS - Anoraks? At a railway event? Surely not!
(Although there were showers on the Sunday....)
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Next

Return to Bass and Bass Players