Precision bass bridge

Anything to do with bass guitars, bass players and other bass related subjects

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Precision bass bridge

Postby bassboogie » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi Iain and Ian,

See my thread Great Strings Cheap 12-2-10. The Ampeg 600 combo is a great amp. Have one bought off ebay, B stock at £499. Used it for the first time outdoors recently and very impressed, you can get the sound you want without having to crank up the bass, mids, treble etc. It has plenty of volume at whatever tone settings you want.

Moving on from bridges to amps, Ian's 4 by 10 setup at Scarborough was also very impressive, as was Chris Jarvis's 4 by 10 rig. Any views about 15 v 4 by 10's for early Shads and 60's bass ?

By the way the Ampegs are still available on ebay at £499, the B stock one I have is as good as new and came fully packed as a brand new one. No I'm not selling them and they are not supplied by my shady Italian cousin so you can buy safely.

Regards to all, Luigi
bassboogie

Full Real Name: Luigi Ciapparelli

Re: Precision bass bridge

Postby Iain Purdon » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:02 am

I think £499 is a bargain for one of those Ampegs and I am seriously tempted.

I can't answer your question about 15 versus 4x10, but my Ashdown 550w rig has two cabs, 1x15 and 2x10, which I use sometimes together, sometimes separately. I can honestly say I can't hear the difference. They're both great for Shads 60s sounds.

Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Previous

Return to Bass and Bass Players