U Bass Ukulele

Anything to do with bass guitars, bass players and other bass related subjects

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

U Bass Ukulele

Postby davidturner » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi every one, just got back from a weekend away. While on holiday, I stopped in a music shop in Enniskillen and was TOLD!!! by the owner to try out the new Ukulele bass guitar. He was rather excited about it. Anyway I thought he was taking the micky, but pluged it in and had a go. Results? It was absolutely fantastic! I was blown away at both the sound produced, and by how easy it is to play. I am playing bass for about a year now and still hit bum notes as I struggle with the fret distances. This thing is well worth a go. I was for comming home with one if it wasn't so damm expensive. Its about £400!!!! I do have a ukulele for messing about on. Does anyone know if it is possible to re-string a uke with bass strings? I havn't a clue if it is possible with the fret spacing etc.
I want one so much it hurts!! If you play bass I think you should have a go, you wont be dissapointed.
Cheers David.
davidturner

Re: U Bass Ukulele

Postby Nick Smith » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi!

I tried one of these out recently down at The Bass Merchant in Colchester and it was incredible! Reminded me of the Ashbory bass with the same rubber strings etc! I tried a fretted model but am seriously interested in the fretless....!

Cheers!

Nick
Nick Smith

Return to Bass and Bass Players