"Guvnor Bass" soon ??

Anything to do with bass guitars, bass players and other bass related subjects

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

"Guvnor Bass" soon ??

Postby bassboogie » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:40 am

Hi
Recently went to the Born to Rock and Roll Marty Wilde concert and what a night it was. The Wildcats as well as everyone else were magic. Jet was outstanding and received a standing ovation. The theatre in Barnstaple was full and I must say that there were probably only a few active Shads fans there, which goes to show that Jet is much loved even outside the Shads community. He never played bass but used his Strat throughout and I have never seen him play better. He played some of his Diamond era numbers but also played lead on Apache and Wonderful Land. The Wildcats who backed everyone including Jet were described as "the best rock and roll band in the world" by Eden Cane and he was not far off the mark. Roger Newell played bass, using a lovely 84 sunburst P bass through a 350 watt T Max Peavey and had a rock and roll sound to die for. You could hear and feel every bass note.

I bought a souvenir programme and noticed that the write up on Jet by Peter Stockton (I assume Jet's manager) gave a hint that at long last Fender are discussing the possibilty of a Jet Harris "Guvnor" signature bass.

Well let's hope and not have to wait too long.

Regards, Luigi
bassboogie

Full Real Name: Luigi Ciapparelli

Re: "Guvnor Bass" soon ??

Postby jetcross » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:26 pm

I, too, would love to see Fender bringing out a Precision "Guv'nor bass. Now that Jet is sadly no longer with us, it would be a fitting tribute to a truly innovative bassist and one who put Fender basses firmly on the map. I'm sure they would be able to sort the signature out. Cheers - Ian.
jetcross

Full Real Name: Ian Cross

Return to Bass and Bass Players