Bass Collection Bass guitar.

Anything to do with bass guitars, bass players and other bass related subjects

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Bass Collection Bass guitar.

Postby davidturner » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:50 am

Hi everyone, I finally got a new bass!!! It is made by a company called Bass Collection. These guitars are made by bass players for bass players, if you know what I mean. the guitar its self is, in my opinion top class for the money. I have been learning for about a year on an Enchore bass (P bass style) Yes it is a very basic guitar, but very good for learning on.
The difference is unbelieveable! The Bass collection is VERY easy to play as the action is just perfect. You just have to touch the strings rather than squash them onto the frets. The only fault I can see is that the tuner ferrules seem to be quite loose in the head. I had stripped them, pressed them in and re assembeled. However they still 'lean over' after re tuning. I do believe they are too loose. Has anyone any ideas on how to fix the problem? I think the ferrules are too short as I could press them in with my fingers and they only go through the head about half way. I dont know much about guitars but should the ferrules not go all the way through for better support?
Let me know what you think.
Cheers David.
davidturner

Re: Bass Collection Bass guitar.

Postby John Boyd » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:02 am

David,
Try wrapping some aluminium foil around the ferrules before re-inserting them in the tuner holes.
Generally, ferrule holes do not go right through a guitars headstock.
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Full Real Name: John Boyd

Postby bassboogie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 am

Hi David,

I,ve had the same problems with some of the more expensive Fender basses. It never happens with Squier basses ! What seems to work well is undo the strings, remove the ferrules, put a thin even layer of Araldite on the fitting surfaces making sure the Araldite does not squelch through when you replace them and leave for 24 hours then restring.

If it works perhaps you can return the favour by showing me how to play the basslines to Lenny Clerwell's Beatiful Heart, not for the faint hearted. So far only two people have managed it, Lenny himself and Roger Allcock, I'm hoping to be the third.

Kind regards, Luigi
bassboogie

Full Real Name: Luigi Ciapparelli

Postby davidturner » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks for the tips, I think I will have to try them. I cant believe just how much this annoys me!! I would love to return the favour, but I have only been playing for about 1 year now and can only play 24 Shadows tunes from memory. I havn't a clue about the 'Beautiful Heart' I have been getting a lot of help from our clubs fearless leader Des Mc Niell and from my sheet music supplier Jay Bass. A big thankyou to both, they are very helpful people. If I didnt get to know these guys I think I would have put the bass through a window somewhere! Try contacting Jay or Des they have helped me out a huge amount.
Thanks again David.
davidturner

Postby Paulps » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:29 am

davidturner wrote: I have only been playing for about 1 year now and can only play 24 Shadows tunes from memory.

I've been playing for 45 years and can only play 12 Shadows tunes from memory. I think it's my age. :oops:
I can play loads with the music in front of me, without even looking at it, but take that music away and I'm lost. Perhaps it's just a confidence thing.
Paulps

Postby RUSSET » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi David,
My brother, who plays bass in my band, changed from a P.Bass to a Bass Collection Speakeasy model, & is absolutely pleased with it. He changed partly to have a lighter weight on his shoulder, & then disconnected the active circuitry in it, as he personally prefers passive basses. Just his choice.

Tony.
RUSSET

Return to Bass and Bass Players