Stingray

For any discussion about bass guitars, bass players and other bass related subjects

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Stingray

Postby alanbakewell » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:21 pm

JimN wrote:
alanbakewell wrote:Some bloke called Ecca seems to have cracked it. No need to buy a six string bass ...

Wash your mouth out, Alan!

There is (was) every need to buy a six-string bass!

Why?

Because I wanted one, that's why!

Need I have a better reason?

JN

You got me on that one Jim. :D
To know and have known the love of a little dog is a truly wonderful thing.
alanbakewell

Full Real Name: Alan Bakewell

Postby MickyD » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Thank you Jay and everyone else for the information its really appreciated.
Mr Robinson I am learning to play the bass and it is all hard to me, the sound may be awful to you but to me its all new and exciting, thank you for the abruptness in your answer it really encourages me on, are you a teacher !
mickyd
MickyD

Postby dave robinson » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:41 pm

MickyD wrote:Thank you Jay and everyone else for the information its really appreciated.
Mr Robinson I am learning to play the bass and it is all hard to me, the sound may be awful to you but to me its all new and exciting, thank you for the abruptness in your answer it really encourages me on, are you a teacher !
mickyd

I wasn't being abrupt, just asking the question. If you are learning to play the bass, perhaps it would be advisable learn the bass part and leave the lead parts to the lead guitarist - in The Shadows, the bass player doesn't play the lead part in this number. :idea:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby David Martin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:27 am

As suggested above,the sound on the clip shown was through my usual guitar setup (AC30 - EFTP - DeArmond pedal) with some light distortion added from my Boss GX rack unit plus some doubling effect from my Q2. It's exactly the same stuff as I used for The Warlord which you can also find on YouTube...

Here, however, is a sound file I recorded years ago with an Ian McCutcheon backing track using an Fender Precision Bass and effect from my Boss GX700...

Stingray (DavidM).wav
(366.89 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby MickyD » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Thank you all I now have an idea of how to get the sound, it was a simple question with a mix of answers but at least I am going in the right direction.
Thanks Mickyd
MickyD

Previous

Return to Bass and Bass Players