David St George

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

David St George

Postby Richard_Rudd » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:15 am

We have received this about David. David is well known both in Wales and outside. Including France where he lived for a few years. I sent this to our club members but thought you would like to know too.

Hi All
Sad news. Please respect their request not to send your commiserations just yet as they adjust to things. But I thought you would like to know.
Richard

Dear Jackie and Richard,

We saw David's consultant yesterday and we now have a diagnosis. It's not good news. He has very poor kidney function and terminal liver cancer. There's no treatment so we're talking palliative care at home.

As you can imagine, this is very hard to assimilate and I'm exhausted fielding emails and phone calls from agencies and well wishers. Whilst the news is not confidential, please don't get in touch just for the moment. I hope that doesn't hurt you at all but we need some 'us' time to work this all out. And I myself have to go to Velindre this week.

My very best wishes

Gill
Richard_Rudd

Full Real Name: Richard Rudd

Re: David St George R.I.P.

Postby Richard_Rudd » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:10 pm

I'm afraid that David died last night (14/8/2020). He will be missed by our two clubs and AT the Whitminster meetings. His enthusiasm was very infectious. Although he had been ill for a long time, he died in the local hospice quietly and had been semi conscious for a bit.
Gill asks again for people not to bother her as before; and for me to circulate the news to all.
GOD BLESS> R.I.P.
Richard_Rudd

Re: David St George

Postby SJB » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:38 pm

Very sad news.
Thoughts for Gill and the family.
We will miss him lots.
SJB

Full Real Name: Stuart J Best

Re: David St George

Postby Richard_Rudd » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:42 am

Received from Gill, David's partner. Hope the link works for you::
Hello,

Just a quick email to let you know that David's daughter, Sara St George, is fundraising for Velindre Cancer Centre, and they’d really appreciate your support. This would be a donation in lieu of flowers at David's funeral.

You can donate to their JustGiving page by clicking here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ ... c8ead52778.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to Velindre Cancer Centre, so it's the most efficient way to give - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

Thank you,

Gill
Richard_Rudd

Return to People