R.I.P. Paul Rossiter

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: R.I.P. Paul Rossiter

Postby Beebs » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:57 am

R.I.P. Paul, you will be greatly missed.

Regards

Bob Brown
Beebs

Full Real Name: Bob Brown

Postby Spike » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:15 am

Prepare for an extraordinary musical opportunity!
The items below will be placed for auction; however we are giving members a chance to purchase them at the reserve price before the auction.
We would like to announce the auction of two special items from Paul Rossiter's personal collection.
First up is Paul's famous 2005 USA white Fender Stratocaster, a true emblem of his musical journey. Fitted with Fender CS54 pickups (Paul’s favourite for recording the early Hank sound) and strung with the very strings Paul used for his recent recordings, this guitar encapsulates his artistry. Starting at an exclusive AUD $2,100.00 it offers not only a piece of history, but a gateway to craft your own musical masterpieces. This is a collector's item, a true gem.
Additionally, we have the privilege of presenting the very first TVS3 ever built, serial number (03001 prototype) belonging to Paul himself, this vintage gem represents the ultimate in TVS history!
With a starting bid of AUD $5,100.00, this is your chance to own a unique piece of music technology that has played a pivotal role in crafting the mesmerising sounds heard on the TVS website. This is a rare opportunity for collectors and music aficionados alike.
Both items will be subject to shipping and insurance.
Don't miss this unique chance to own pieces of music history. Stay tuned for the official eBay listings!
Make an offer before 10th November 2023 as these items will go to auction on 11/11/2023.
TVS Specialty Products
ryadan1@bigpond.com
Spike

Full Real Name: Spiro Hatzimichael

Postby abstamaria » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:33 pm

Paul will be much missed.
abstamaria

Full Real Name: Andres Sta. Maria

Postby abstamaria » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:20 am

When Paul Rossiter’s personal TVS3 was offered for sale after he passed away, I told Spike I would purchase it at the indicated price if there were no higher bids. I also told Spike, however, that I would prefer it if the unit were sold to a Shadows enthusiast in Australia, the UK, or Europe, where there is a greater chance that it will continue to be passed on from enthusiast to enthusiast in following generations. There is not much likelihood of that where I live. I have the only TVS3 in the country.

Luckily, an enthusiast in Australia bought the unit, numbered 001 I believe. He might be on this forum, and, if so, it will be great to hear from him.

I wrote Paul earlier last year to ask if he had a foot switch for the TVS3. On May 9, 2033, Paul replied:

“ I don’t have any pedals left and I am dealing with a bit of a health issue just at the moment and so will put the issue of possibly building another one on hold for a short while. I’ll let you know ab bit later if I decide to do one.”

Paul added that it has been a fascinating journey.

After Paul passed away, Spike, who very kindly was helping Paul’s widow, found Paul’s prototype foot switch in Paul’s studio. I arranged to buy it. it was missing its cable, but spike had one fabricated. Gary then sent the foot switch to me. Thank you, Spike, Gary.

Having something that was Paul’s and on which he must have worked much is heartwarming for me. It is a remembrance I have of him. I smile when I see it.

Regards to all,

Andy
abstamaria

Full Real Name: Andres Sta. Maria

Previous

Return to People