Dave Berry on 'Bargain Hunt'!

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Dave Berry on 'Bargain Hunt'!

Postby stephen » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:03 pm

Yesterday, Mrs. Davies & I were having our usual lunchtime sandwich and restorative cup of Horlicks (!) whilst watching our regular midday fix of 'Bargain Hunt' on good old BBC 1. The teams were visiting an outdoor antiques fair somewhere 'up north' (wasn't really concentrating at this stage as my cheese-topped roll was absorbing my interest). One team comprised two young fellas who were both musicians and their interest was caught when passing a stall that displayed an acoustic guitar & a large set of bongos.
When the stall-holder strolled over to chat, he announced that he too had been a musician and pointed out a couple of LP sleeves bearing his name...........DAVE BERRY! I put down my tasty roll at this stage and studied this man more closely. I know our appearance can change markedly over the years, but I wouldn't have had a clue as to his identity. You can usually spot an old rocker due to the dyed (often thinning) hair, leather trousers etc., but how Dave Berry circa 2014 presented gave nothing away. 'Normal' grey hair, spectacles, white shirt & grey trousers. In short, the anonymous middle-aged uniform & appearance of the majority, and an antiques dealer to boot!
Anyway, the team bought the set of bongos which Dave kindly signed for them. Sadly, the drums failed to reach even the purchase price at auction, 60's legend signature or not.
Stephen.
stephen

Re: Dave Berry on 'Bargain Hunt'!

Postby dave robinson » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:25 pm

My old boss Stephen, I was lead guitarist for Dave Berry between 1969 to 1977. Must admit was pleased when it finished. 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby stephen » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:34 pm

dave robinson wrote:My old boss Stephen, I was lead guitarist for Dave Berry between 1969 to 1977. Must admit was pleased when it finished. 8-)

I vaguely recalled a post of yours when you'd mentioned a connection, Dave.
Stephen.
stephen

Postby dave robinson » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:45 pm

He hasn't changed any, he shafted those guys with the congas, in fact he probably devalued them buy signing them. :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby neil2726 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Isn't Danny Martin Dave Berry's lead guitarist these days?
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Postby stephen » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:39 am

dave robinson wrote:He hasn't changed any, he shafted those guys with the congas, in fact he probably devalued them buy signing them. :lol:

I like that!
Stephen.
stephen

Return to People