Albert Lee

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Albert Lee

Postby Mikey » Sat May 03, 2014 9:03 pm

I had the privilege of seeing Albert Lee with Hogan's Heroes last Sunday in Hailsham. Needless to say it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening with faultless performances by all the band but what made it special was to be able to see this superb virtuoso guitarist in such a small intimate theatre.
I had travelled from Bristol to see the show and was staying with a mate in Eastbourne. It was the first time I had seen Albert Lee live but I shall be booking to see him again in October at Weston-Super-Mare.
Anyone else here seen any of the current tour?
Mikey

Re: Albert Lee

Postby RayL » Tue May 06, 2014 7:49 am

Saw Albert with Hogan's Heroes last autumn at a smallish theatre.

Umm. We had what might be thought of as good seats (second row) but our view was restricted by Albert's Fender-Rhodes electric piano which was placed right across the front of stage on our side. This meant that when Albert played guitar he was quite far away (because of the space taken up with the piano)and when he played piano he was mostly invisible because the piano was in the way. During the first half i had a look around the auditorium and spotted a couple of unoccupied seats at the back. We moved during the interval.

The 'Heroes' seemed a little less than heroic. One or two of them were pretty robotic - playing well enough but without any apparent interest in the proceedings. I heard later that their rider was for a considerable amount of booze (which was refused as being unreasonable) and they bought their own.
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Re: Albert Lee

Postby petercreasey » Sun May 11, 2014 10:44 am

We had the pleasure of having front row seats (not obstructed by the keyboards) at the City Varieties Leeds on Thursday, brilliant performance, fabulous sound, if you want a slick visual show then this is not for you, but if you want to see and hear world class musicians at the top of their game then don't miss it. I had the privilage of being able to see close up ( Albert Lee was within feet of our seats) the technique of one of the worlds top guitar players..... jawdropping!!! Awesome!!! etc etc
:D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Return to People