May 24th, 2006

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

May 24th, 2006

Postby JimN » Fri May 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Tomorrow, I shall be travelling and probably won't have opportunity to see the ShadowMusic Community website,

But it would be very wrong to let the 24th May pass by without mentioning and remembering our great, late, friend: Roberto Pistolesi, who passed away eight years ago on that date.

RIP Roberto - for so many people (not just me), the best friend you could wish for.

JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Re: May 24th, 2006

Postby dave robinson » Fri May 23, 2014 6:09 pm

I hadn't forgotten Jim, Roberto is sadly missed and I have a photograph of him with me my Facebook page in memory of him. Eight years ? It seems like yesterday.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby johnh » Fri May 23, 2014 8:33 pm

cant believe it has been that long,where have those eight years gone.
John H
johnh

Postby AlanMcKillop » Fri May 23, 2014 10:49 pm

We used to have some serious discussions re that sound, but after I'd met him in London for the first time, we hit it off, he was such a nice guy and very passionate in what he believed.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby George Geddes » Sat May 24, 2014 9:43 am

As I have said before, it was easy to disagree with Roberto, but almost impossible to dislike him.

Sadly missed, one of the good guys.

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Postby rogera » Sat May 24, 2014 10:52 am

Yes eight years have just sped by.

Roberto was very helpful indeed when I decided to make a replica of a late 50s Fender Tremolux Amp. He maintained that Hank had used
one early on and after using mine I can quite believe it.

A lovely person always ready to share his knowledge - RIP Roberto.
rogera

Full Real Name: Roger Allcock

Re: May 24th, 2006 (Roberto)

Postby JimN » Sun May 25, 2014 1:30 pm

rogera wrote:Yes eight years have just sped by. Roberto was very helpful indeed when I decided to make a replica of a late 50s Fender Tremolux Amp. He maintained that Hank had used one early on and after using mine I can quite believe it. A lovely person always ready to share his knowledge - RIP Roberto.

My son spent the summer of 2004 with Roberto in his workshop and home. It was his cusp year between leaving school after A Levels and starting at university in the autumn and the idea was that he would assist Roberto, pick up some knowledge of electronics and guitar repair and generally have a wonderful time. Working with such a great man in the Tuscany sunshine was an absolute privilege for him.

Whilst he was there, and under Roberto's supervision, he built himself a replica Tremolux (into a cabinet made for the purpose by Tony Chan and co in New Mexico). Tony even provided alternative baffles for a 15" and a 12" speaker. The original fitment was a vintage Jensen PQ15, but the subsequent fitment of a (new) PQ12 made it even sound better.

What a summer...
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Return to People