Reflections.

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Reflections.

Postby Alfasan » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:17 pm

We have seen this band twice now and their show was superb. Two from Moody Blues, lead singer from 10cc, bass player from Manfreds and guitarist from "War of the Worlds" musical. They play music from all those bands plus Hollies and WotW, plus Cliff Richard tracks. An enjoyable evening. Met the drummer, Gordy from Moodys. Very friendly pleasnt and Paul Bliss (Moody' keyboard player) answered a couple of emails within a few hours of posting. Pity they have so many other commitments.
Previously Peter Howarth (Hollies) was vocalist. Well worth seeing.
Peter Howarth does solo acoustic renditions of Hollies numbers. I have worked out most of the chords answers fingerings but one chord eludes me. Song is "Sandy." The chorus is fine but in the verse he plays variations of E and A but then plays a run on d string on frets 2, 1, then a chord shape with C# played on 6th string 9th fret and other fingers are placed.... Can anyone help me with fingering he uses please? You can see him playing on YouTube. Well worth watching anyway.
May be grasping at air but he renders an excellent version of the Springsteen song.
A pleasure to see these talented musicians enjoying themselves as much as the audience enjoyed listening and, not a few, dancing.
Links to so many bands and singers. Do you get the impression we enjoyed the show?
Alan.
Alfasan

Return to People