JET HARRIS - NEWS UPDATE

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

JET HARRIS - NEWS UPDATE

Postby audreyk » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

Many people have asked for an update on Jet's health, so this is just to let you know that Jet will be going into hospital on Wednesday, 23 September for five days of intensive chemotherapy. Also, Jet and Janet have asked me to clear up a misunderstanding. Apparently some people think that Jet has been diagnosed with throat cancer. This is not the case. Jet has been undergoing medical investigations for more than three months, but the doctors have been unable to locate the primary source of the cancer although they believe it to be somewhere in the chest, neck, or head.

I'm sorry to post this message in the midst of everyone getting excited about the forthcoming tour, but please spare a thought for Jet and Janet next week. I'm sure that everyone will want to join with me in wishing Jet all the best for his treatment. I know that Jet is hoping he will be able to use his laptop whilst in hospital, so please keep the messages of support coming!!

Best wishes
Audrey
audreyk

Full Real Name: Audrey Knapp

Re: JET HARRIS - NEWS UPDATE

Postby John Brown » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Our thoughts will be with Jet and Janet. Keep up the fight Jet
Best Regards
John
John Brown

Full Real Name: John Brown

Postby d jones » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:01 pm

Many thanks Audrey for keeping all the fans informed. Good luck and best wishes to Jet and Janet, remember Jet! good guys, legends and heroes always win. you are all three so all the best
Dave
d jones

Postby tonykiek » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:31 am

Jet,

I'm sure all the Shads fans in Australia will join me in wishing you a speedy recovery.

I'm sorry I missed out on meeting you at Shadowmania last year, and I look forward very much to meeting you at Shadowmania 2011 and shaking your paw. You are an inspiration mate !!! Quiff or no quiff.

Your performance of this tune at Shadowmania last year really gobsmacked me totally, and I was determined to make a BT for it, including a key change in my arrangement. George Lewis played the lead guitar.

So just for you Jet here it is. (Hope you've got some decent speakers on your laptop.)

http://www.4shared.com/file/82702837/19d6e702/Theme_For_Something_Really_Important_GLTK.html
tonykiek

Full Real Name: Tony Kiek

Postby Paulps » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:45 pm

All the best Jet.
I hope your hair doesn't all fall out! Mine hasn't yet, but then I didn't have that much when I started the Chemo!
Paulps

Postby Amanda » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi Jet,

Picking up on Paul's comment about hair falling out, you never know it might all grow back
to how it was in your youth Quiff and all!

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby mr jc » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:10 pm

Best of luck Jet.my thoughts are with you.
mr jc

Postby dave robinson » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:22 pm

We're all thinking of you Jet, keep on battlin'.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby kittycph » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi Jet
My thoughts are with you and Janet
kittycph

Postby Newliverman » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi Jet
I think everyone is thinking of you at this difficult time. My thoughts and words to you, if you see this, is to stay as positive as possible. I have been through 5 major operations in the last 5 years, including 2 liver transplants. The thing that has kept me focused and positive was learning to play Shadows music after a short break (46 years). It is down to people like yourself and the music that you have created which has helped me and no doubt thousands of others in different ways. I am sure that all Shadows fans are wishing you and your loved ones well.
Stay positive and fight like hell!
Newliverman

Next

Return to People