R.I.P. Chris Jarvis - LEGEND

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: R.I.P. Chris Jarvis - LEGEND

Postby Graham C. Marshall » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:46 pm

I first met Chris. at the Scarborough club in January 2000 (ish) and got to play with him many, many times. As an almost fifteen year old drummer, I truly appreciated the time he took to talk with me about the finer points of the bass/drums relationship and his forgiving onstage persona. Both my dad and I liked him enormously and are extremely saddened to hear of his death - paul marshall
Graham C. Marshall

Full Real Name: Graham C. Marshall

Postby pjr » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Heaven has gained a fine bassist and true gentleman.

Pete and The North Notts Club.
pjr

Full Real Name: Peter J Richardson

Postby Keith Bateman » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:53 pm

I was taken aback at reading this news. I never knew Chris personally but his stage persona and performance singled him out as a very personable chap and a fine player.
My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Keith
Keith Bateman

Full Real Name: Keith Bateman

Postby drummerman » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:53 pm

Chris was a fine gentleman and a superb bass guitarist. This is indeed very sad news.
My sincere condolences.

from, Richard Cooke-Jarlø.
drummerman

Full Real Name: richard cooke-jarloe

Postby MdL » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:59 am

What a devestating news. Such a gentle man and great player. My sincere condolences to his family.
Martin
MdL

Full Real Name: Martin de Liefde

Postby David Martin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Funeral arrangements, and your invitation, are here...http://shadowmusic.bdme.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13401
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby David Jarvis » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:34 pm

This is a message from Chris Jarvis’ Wife Karen, his Daughter Victoria, his Son David and his Brother Philip

We are all extremely overwhelmed and humbled by all your lovely messages of condolence; it has been providing us all with such great comfort, especially hearing how much you all loved, valued and enjoyed spending time in his company and watching him perform.

We are especially proud to hear such fantastic comments about his performances, and personality, especially from so many fellow Shadow experts. He was a perfectionist in all aspects of his life, and it was always his aim to achieve that unique sound and playing style of his hero John Rostill; to hear so many of you making this comparison is overwhelming. We only wish he was here to share such wonderful tributes to his music.

As a family, we always loved watching him play in all his bands, and we are incredibly proud of all his musical achievements, especially his Legend albums, performing overseas, and performing at Shadowmania and Pipeline on numerous occasions. He loved playing his bass guitar, meeting people who shared his passion, and always played with a smile. It is heart-warming to hear that so many of you hold him in such high regard. We are very proud and honoured to call him our husband, dad, and brother and along with you all, will miss him dearly.

We would like to welcome you all to celebrate his life with us on Thursday 11th February, 11am at St Mark’s Church, Marske by the Sea, and following a private family cremation, join us in remembering him at Marske Leisure Centre, where you can share all your memories and enjoy his music in the same venue where he played his last gig.

Thank you all so much for your comforting tributes.
David Jarvis

Postby dave robinson » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:29 pm

I was too upset to write other than offering my condolences on Tuesday, however I can now recall the last time I saw Chris.
It was at the North Notts Club when Legend played at their anniversary do. It was either 2012 or 2013, but I had a long conversation with Chris just as I was leaving.
We were out in the car park and it was a sunny afternoon and quite warm, I remember that much, as well as having a long chat along with Terry. Every time Chris and I met we had meaningful conversations and I can only echo what everyone else has said about this lovely, talented man. I do intend to try and get there on Feb 11, though I can't hang around as Thursday is a gig night, so my visit will be brief, but I want to be there.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby iefje » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:02 pm

I remember seeing Chris in person with Legend once, when they performed at one of the International Cliff Richard & The Shadows Fan Meeting events in Berkel-Enschot / Tilburg, in the early 2000's. Indeed a great musician and a great loss. Rest in peace Chris... :(
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby bassboogie » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:11 pm

Another great loss to the Shadows community. On stage polished, highly professional and consistent. Off stage charming, always pleased to see you, generous and willing to mentor and advise. Deepest sympathies to his family, friends and members of Legend.

Luigi
bassboogie

Full Real Name: Luigi Ciapparelli

PreviousNext

Return to People