R.I.P. Chris Jarvis - LEGEND

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: R.I.P. Chris Jarvis - LEGEND

Postby phil kelly » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:42 pm

This is sad news and i can only echo the sentiments that have been said about Chris, a good band as we know is not about any one individual but the sum of all the parts and his contribution to Legend being the fine rock steady bass player he was alongside David, Tony, Martin and Terry culminated to a very class act ,
everything in life is i feel like chapters in a book, if it is a fine book we remember the good parts, Chris was such and will be remembered, not just as the fine bass player he was but as a really nice person to know and be around, he will be missed, my sincerest condolances to his family and friends at this sad time.
Phil.
phil kelly

Full Real Name: phil kelly

Postby David Martin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:06 pm

StuartD wrote:I took this pic at what sadly was Chris' last appearance with Legend at Whitby in August.

One of Chris's close friends, just called to tell me that his last performance with Legend was actually on 14th November in his home town of Marske at a Rock'n'Roll Ballroom gig at which his family was present. As events now unfold, it's important to them for this to be known.

I know that Karen, his widow, wants everyone to know that they will be welcome to come and share in remembering him, and that as soon as arrangements are finalised, I will post the details here...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby steve » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:17 pm

I am so sorry to hear this very sad news, such a great man, my condolences to his family.
steve

Postby spencer » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:38 pm

A very sad day Chris was a gentleman,s gentleman always had time to talk to you.
He will missed by all, my condolences to Chris,s family.
Spence.
spencer

Postby Gatwick1946 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:56 pm

Sad to hear this news.

I saw Legend at a Pipeline concert, and again at Shadowmania. I was impressed by the style of playing,and by the sound of the bass guitar. An inspiration.

RIP

Christopher
Gatwick1946

Full Real Name: Christopher Richard Hill

Postby Sothall Mike » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:19 pm

So very very sad and sorry to hear this devastating news, as has been said by everyone here, Chris was a lovely man and such a talented player who will be sadly missed.
Our deepest condolences to his family and friends from all the members at the South Yorkshire Shadows Club.
R I P Chris.

Mike Kilner
Sothall Mike

Full Real Name: Michael Kilner

Postby chas » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:15 pm

Sad news that I'm sorry to learn. My condolences to his family and all his friends.

Chas.
chas

Full Real Name: Chas de Lacy

Postby StuartD » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:18 am

Hi David

I'll alter that

Stu
StuartD

Full Real Name: Stuart Duffy

Postby panchodiaz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:17 pm

Although I never met him I knew his great contribution to the music that we all love. My deep condolences to his family and friends, specially to his mates in Legend.
panchodiaz

Full Real Name: Francisco Diaz Paniagua

Postby Bob Withrington » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:02 pm

What sad news. We can only add our sincere condolences to the words already expressed here.

From all at the Surrey Shadows Club
Bob Withrington

PreviousNext

Return to People