Chris Jarvis - Funeral Arrangements and an Invitation.

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Chris Jarvis - Funeral Arrangements and an Invitation.

Postby David Martin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:25 pm

First of all, my personal thanks to all of you who have posted here, and on Facebook. Chris's family have been reading, and taking great comfort from your kind words...

Accordingly, they invite you all to join them on Thursday 11th February in Marske by the Sea.

The funeral, to which all are invited, will be at 11am St Mark's Church, Redcar Road, Marske by the Sea, Redcar, Cleveland, TS11 6AA. This is followed by a private, family only, cremation.

At 12noon, you are invited to Marske Leisure Centre, 69-71 High Street, Marske-by-the-sea, Redcar, TS11 6JL (Phone: 01642 478006) to a celebration of Chris's life, and his love of Shadows' music. There will be music, photos, video, and a chance for friends to chat and reminisce together in what was the venue for Chris's last performance with Legend. Even if you are unable to come for the service, the family hope that you will come to the wake, meet them, and celebrate his life.

I hope to see you there...

D
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Re: Chris Jarvis - Funeral Arrangements and an Invitation.

Postby David Jarvis » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:35 pm

This is a message from Chris Jarvis’ Wife Karen, his Daughter Victoria, his Son David and his Brother Philip

We are all extremely overwhelmed and humbled by all your lovely messages of condolence; it has been providing us all with such great comfort, especially hearing how much you all loved, valued and enjoyed spending time in his company and watching him perform.

We are especially proud to hear such fantastic comments about his performances, and personality, especially from so many fellow Shadow experts. He was a perfectionist in all aspects of his life, and it was always his aim to achieve that unique sound and playing style of his hero John Rostill; to hear so many of you making this comparison is overwhelming. We only wish he was here to share such wonderful tributes to his music.

As a family, we always loved watching him play in all his bands, and we are incredibly proud of all his musical achievements, especially his Legend albums, performing overseas, and performing at Shadowmania and Pipeline on numerous occasions. He loved playing his bass guitar, meeting people who shared his passion, and always played with a smile. It is heart-warming to hear that so many of you hold him in such high regard. We are very proud and honoured to call him our husband, dad, and brother and along with you all, will miss him dearly.

We would like to welcome you all to celebrate his life with us on Thursday 11th February, 11am at St Mark’s Church, Marske by the Sea, and following a private family cremation, join us in remembering him at Marske Leisure Centre, where you can share all your memories and enjoy his music in the same venue where he played his last gig.

Thank you all so much for your comforting tributes.
David Jarvis

Postby roninnes » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:07 pm

As Angela and I will not be able to attend on the 11th Feb is there a option of making a donation in Chris's name to the families choice of charity?
Ron
Ron
roninnes

Full Real Name: Ron Innes

Postby MeBHank » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:58 pm

I would like to attend to pay my respects and celebrate Chris' life, but travelling will be difficult. I'll have to stay in the area for two nights, probably needing to get from and to Newcastle airport the day before and the day after respectively. Is anyone able to help or advise me?

J
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Postby David Jarvis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi

We have set up a Memorial page for my Dad which has details of the funeral, a place to share photos, videos, life stories and leave messages of condolence.

There is also a link to be able to donate to our nominated charities in lieu of flowers in memory of Dad should you so wish. We have chosen Bloodwise as this does important research in to cancers such as Lymphoma (Dad had Anaplastic Large T-Cell Lymphoma) and Anthony Nolan who were the charity that found my Dad's bone marrow donor in Oct 2014.

http://memorials.co-operativefuneralcar ... les-Jarvis

Thank you again for all your support

The Jarvis Family
David Jarvis

Postby David Martin » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:42 am

Thanks David.
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Return to People