Chris Jarvis Funeral

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Chris Jarvis Funeral

Postby StuartD » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:02 pm

HI

Just got back from Chris Jarvis' Funeral today. A very sad occasion but also a very lovely one. Great turn out of people to celebrate the life of a great musician and an even better person.

Beautiful service and a tremendous Eulogy from Martin Verrill. Good to see all of Legend, Terry, Martin, David and Tony as well as Chris' brother Phil. Nice to meet Iain Purdon and Rob Bradford after all the years on here and spend time again with Dave Robinson. Nice to see Alan Jones there too.

As Tony said after, "Chris would have loved it"

Regards

Stuart
Last edited by StuartD on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StuartD

Full Real Name: Stuart Duffy

Re: Chris Jarvis Funeral

Postby David Martin » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:19 pm

Yes indeed...
What a great occasion this was...
A full church, a wonderful eulogy from Martin Verill, some of the band's music played, and many tears as Chris's body was carried away for a private committal.

Then to the wake, with probably 200 people watching a glorious collection of family photos and Legend clips. And lots of remembering...

Tears turned to smiles as we marvelled at the richness of our friend's life. Quiet time will be hard for the family, but they now know that they are surrounded and supported by so much love from across the world.

A good send off.

And thanks to all of you for your messages. They meant so much to the family.
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby Iain Purdon » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:17 pm

Yep, what Stuart and David said. A lovely gathering of the two families: Chris's own and the Shadows lot. Enough of us there to put on a Jarvis tribute act. Don't worry, we didn't!
Grand to hear Legend Messing about on the River in church, with Chris clacking away at his Rostill best. Afterwards, copious video of Chris in performance as old friends and new mingled and reminisced.
It was the gathering at the bar that felt wrong. A tall, genial, contented presence was missing.
RIP to one of the really good guys. We'll miss you, Chris
Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby dave robinson » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:36 pm

Yes indeed to all of the above, Chris was a lovely man and I was so pleased that so many turned out to pay their respects.
Good to catch up with everyone again, I must make the effort to get to more gatherings rather than it having to be at a sad occasion such as this. I wish everyone a safe trip home.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby tommybird » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:41 pm

So sorry I was unable to make it due to hospital treatment and half day admission.

I am pleased it was a send off that honoured the contribution Chris made to the Shadows Community.
tommybird

Full Real Name: tommy bird

Postby David Martin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:46 pm

Thanks Tommy...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Return to People