South West Shadows Club Eddie Scott

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

South West Shadows Club Eddie Scott

Postby ade » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:39 pm

It is with great sadness that I must inform this forum of the passing of Eddie Scott. Eddie has been South West Shadows Club drummer for the past 10 years. You could not wish to meet a more gentle, kind and patient man. He was also our "rock".

Over the years we have had many guests and visitors come to our club and one thing in common they say is "What a superb drummer". It didn't matter if you were an experienced or inexperienced player, Eddie had the skill to adjust perfectly to your playing. Despite many requests from members for him to show his prowess on the skins by perfect playing of "Little B", "See you in my drums" and many others, his modesty, (preferring to encourage the guitarists) made this a rare treat.

He will be greatly missed.

Below are two YouTube video links of Eddie playing at our club.

Shadoogie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho_oUr1Zz0w

The Savage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk2A3hGXuE8

The other players are John Williams lead guitar, Martyn Welch bass guitar, Myself rhythm guitar although I am not visable in Shadoogie,

Adrian
ade

Full Real Name: Adrian John Newson

Re: South West Shadows Club Eddie Scott

Postby Iain Purdon » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:14 pm

Very sad news. Without Eddie, the club would have been just another backing track forum. Nothing wrong with that, but Eddie enabled a much greater variety of musicmaking to take place. He brought a wealth of drumming experience and was happy to play with anybody. Making music with other players is one of the most satisfying things you can do. He knew that and he made it happen.

Thanks Eddie. RIP.
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby bassboogie » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:59 pm

Very sad to hear that Eddie has passed away. He was a superb drummer and rooted in the 60's. I have not seen Eddie for some years, but played with him at some memorable gigs in 2009. Two I recall, the BMAD gig in Paignton and the Torquay Pedal Car Race.
My deepest sympathy to Dee, Eddie's family and friends.

Regards, Luigi
bassboogie

Full Real Name: Luigi Ciapparelli

Postby ade » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Iain, Luigi. Thank you for your thoughts and words. Eddie's funeral is on Monday.

One of our members has stepped forward to take on the role of drummer so we can maintain our mix of backing tracks and band sets.

Regards

Adrian
ade

Postby Rick50 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:43 pm

Joyce and Rick Courtney are very sad to learn that Eddie Scott has passed away, he was a gentle unassuming but resolute gent, who was also a very talented musician. I'm glad that we were able to introduce him to the club which gave him and all those he played alongside, a great deal of pleasure. Our sympathy to Dee and all the Scott family at this time.
Rick50

Postby ade » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Rick and Joyce
On behalf of Dee thank you for your kind thoughts and words. I will pass these onto Dee.

Adrian
ade

Postby ade » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:34 pm

To any members of this forum who knew Eddie,, please feel free to come and see us at our meeting on Sunday as we would like to give him a good send off.

Adrian
ade

Return to People