Dr. Alan Hawkshaw

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Dr. Alan Hawkshaw

Postby drakula63 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:25 pm

Here's something that we may have missed recently...

(From 30th July 2016)

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/dralan ... urce=embed

From Christiane Hawkshaw...

"What an amazing day yesterday. Amongst Pomp and Ceremony, which we do so well in Britain, with hundreds of Music Graduates and two thousand guests looking on, Alan was bestowed with the Degree of Doctor of Music, honoris causa. For services to the Music Industry and because of the work of the Alan Hawkshaw Music Foundation for underprivileged students. So proud of my husband. He always thought my parents would have been happier if I had married a Doctor rather than a long haired pop musician. Not so my parents, but no doubt they would be so proud of him too"...

Congratulations to Alan, who apart from being a brilliant composer and musician is also a very nice bloke!
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Re: Dr. Alan Hawkshaw

Postby Tony Szpala » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:38 pm

Great to see that someone on the website has been bestowed with a Dr of Music degree.

Tony Szpala
Tony Szpala

Location: Ripley, Derbyshire email address: tony.szpala@hotmail.com
Full Real Name: Tony Szpala

Re: Dr. Alan Hawkshaw

Postby drakula63 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:12 pm

I gather that Alan was interviewed on the radio this morning.

BBC RADIO 4

KPM, one of the most famous of the ‘library labels’, gave us the theme tunes for Grandstand, Grange Hill, the ITV News At Ten and Wimbledon, among others. Some of the composers and musicians behind those classic tracks have been brought together again for a new album KPM 1000, which is out later this year. Dr Alan Hawkshaw composed such theme music as Grange Hill for KPM, and Pete Cox was creative director of KPM for 30 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07vhk66
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Return to People