Robbie Mcintosh

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Robbie Mcintosh

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:01 pm

Not Shads related but most of us here appreciate a good guitarist. In this instance, Robbie McIntosh.
Last night I had not only the pleasure of seeing him play in a very intimate venue (Salt Cafe, Bristol) but had the privilege of meeting him too,
My pal's son plays bass in a local band in Weymouth where Robbie lives and he sometimes sits in with them and has appeared on an album they produced. I introduced myself and explained that we had a mutual acquaintance and Robbie was happy to talk guitars. For someone who has toured with Paul McCartney, played with the Pretenders for some years and featured in Tom Jones' band he was extremely down to earth and approachable.
His finger picking was similar to that of Dave Edmunds and if you like slide guitar, he's your man.
Known as the guitarist's guitarist for very good reason.
Mikey

Re: Robbie Mcintosh

Postby Iain Purdon » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:58 pm

I saw Robbie McIntosh on stage with The Pretenders way back and he is indeed excellent: he was part of the reformed band after two of the original Pretenders had died.

I think the first hit with him on it was Middle of the Road. Here they are. Enjoy the guitar work. Occasional stage movements very loosely suggest another band - or maybe it's just me ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Niz2DuHc5K8
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Re: Robbie Mcintosh

Postby dave robinson » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:31 am

Robbie is a great musician and much admired as he should be, I remember him with Paul McCartney's band. :thumbup:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Return to People